+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default WWYD - package received for previous owner from overseas

Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    They've had a new address for 18 months though - they should have notified friends/family of these at least a year ago.

Also if someone was going to send a package from overseas you'd think at least that they'd check the address first.

Call me cold-hearted but I'd be putting it in the not my problem box.
    One call to an agent is so hard to do? Could be an old relative who just plain forgot?

We've been at our house for 4 years and I still pass the odd bit of mail on. I thought that's just what people did.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I posted their surname and a landmark that our house is near in our suburb and within 10 minutes someone messaged me to say that they're friends with them and asked for my number, then 5 minutes later the old owner called! She said she gave their new address to an elderly relative but when she was speaking to her last week she had accidentally sent it to their old address (our address) but she didn't want to bother me to get it! There's my good deed for the day done :-)

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (10-12-2015),BettyW  (10-12-2015),DJ Nette  (10-12-2015),Gentoo  (10-12-2015),giveitago  (10-12-2015),Happymum2  (10-12-2015),Kaybaby  (11-12-2015),LaDiDah  (10-12-2015),LoveLivesHere  (11-12-2015),Mod-RaryGirl  (11-12-2015),munchkin275  (10-12-2015),Olive Oil  (11-12-2015),Radio  (10-12-2015),smallpotatoes  (10-12-2015),smeekyone  (10-12-2015),SSecret Squirrel  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I posted their surname and a landmark that our house is near in our suburb and within 10 minutes someone messaged me to say that they're friends with them and asked for my number, then 5 minutes later the old owner called! She said she gave their new address to an elderly relative but when she was speaking to her last week she had accidentally sent it to their old address (our address) but she didn't want to bother me to get it! There's my good deed for the day done :-)
    Good on you
    Really doesn't take much effort to go the extra mile on occasion. The poor old relative probably spent a lot of money sending a gift..I'm glad it made it to its rightful owner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Good on you
    Really doesn't take much effort to go the extra mile on occasion. The poor old relative probably spent a lot of money sending a gift..I'm glad it made it to its rightful owner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naw, warm and fuzzy feelings! Good on you.