+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default What should I do next?

So, a while ago I ordered these pencils as a treat from my tax return:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1449734208.560391.jpg

They were delayed for six weeks and then finally arrived a couple of weeks ago. Because I am anal and they were in the wrong order, I discovered that I had been sent two of one colour and was missing another, so I emailed them about this on Monday.
    They said they'd send me the missing colour.

So, today in the mail I received 23 colours (the same brand) in an envelope with the invoice from my original order:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1449734327.558261.jpg

I assumed it was a goodwill/good business thing as my original order was expensive. The problem is I still don't have the missing colour!

I was going to give these to a friend but then I thought maybe they've stuffed up their orders so close to Christmas.

Would you ask them again to please send the missing colour?

Bring the package to their attention in case they've made a mistake?

Say nothing and buy it seperately elsewhere?

Something else?

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    For me it would depend on my mood.

If I was to go the route of sending another email, I would be very passive and using lots of "sorry" and "I don't mean to be a pain" etc.

My other option would be to do nothing.

I can understand your frustration at a missing colour. It would annoy me too. It's like an unanswered question!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

harvs  (10-12-2015),TheGooch  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    My first thought?

Oh the humanity!

Then "oh it's harvs and stationary".

In all honesty I would drop it. "I" got almost 2 dozen free pencils. Unless it was like a silver or gold or whatever then I would apologize for being a pain and then say I bought the set specifically for those colours.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (10-12-2015),BettyW  (10-12-2015),DreamyMummy  (07-01-2016),harvs  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So you have doubled up on some of the pencils then ? Maybe there is a shortage of the colour, and they can't get it, so sent you others instead. Is it going to be hard to source the colour from elsewhere ? Do they have the colour to buy ?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4LeafClover For This Useful Post:

harvs  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    But I really want to know what the missing colour is.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

harvs  (10-12-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    My first thought?

Oh the humanity!

Then "oh it's harvs and stationary".

In all honesty I would drop it. I got almost 2 dozen free pencils. Unless it was like a silver or gold or whatever then I would apologize for being a pain and then say I bought the set specifically for those colours.
    But it's May green! Or maybe spring green? Either way, I am missing one and it's making my eye twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    So you have doubled up on some of the pencils then ? Maybe there is a shortage of the colour, and they can't get it, so sent you others instead. Is it going to be hard to source the colour from elsewhere ? Do they have the colour to buy ?
    Yeah, I originally had two of the same colour. As far as I know they sell them
    individually, at least they do on their website. They are over $2 each so I just don't understand why they would send me like 50 bucks of pencils that I already have instead of just a $2 one. It seems so weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    But it's May green! Or maybe spring green? Either way, I am missing one and it's making my eye twitch!

Yeah, I originally had two of the same colour. As far as I know they sell them
    individually, at least they do on their website. They are over $2 each so I just don't understand why they would send me like 50 bucks of pencils that I already have instead of just a $2 one. It seems so weird.
    Here I am with a 12 pack of BIC evolution pencils and very recently a small bundle of dd1 hand me downs that are 3 years old.

*kicks the ground with jealousy*

Regardless of what you decide I would email them explain they still sent the wrong one.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

harvs  (10-12-2015),Little Ted  (11-12-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (10-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Here I am with a 12 pack of BIC evolution pencils and very recently a small bundle of dd1 hand me downs that are 3 years old.

*kicks the ground with jealousy*

Regardless of what you decide I would email them explain they still sent the wrong one.
    Hmmm...perhaps this problem is a little more first worldy than I realised. I was worried about stealing, I swear!!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    For me it would depend on my mood.

If I was to go the route of sending another email, I would be very passive and using lots of "sorry" and "I don't mean to be a pain" etc.

My other option would be to do nothing.

I can understand your frustration at a missing colour. It would annoy me too. It's like an unanswered question!
    This is me too.
    Mood would determine how far I'd take it.
    I think this passive type or curious response is where I'd start.
    It's so weird I want to know what happened to this green pencil!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

harvs  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would email them and see what they say.

Most importantly, you must come back here and update with how you went.

I'm currently in a similar position with a set of Christmas themed Lego I ordered online. We are missing a unique and vital piece (one reindeer horn) and I'm toying with the idea of emailing and requesting the missing piece because I get all twitchy when I look at it all set up sans one reindeer horn.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (10-12-2015),harvs  (10-12-2015),LaDiDah  (10-12-2015),TheGooch  (10-12-2015),~Marigold~  (11-12-2015)