+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We were the same not long ago.. Although our incomes aren't great.

We suck at sticking to a budget but set up weekly direct debits for all bills + savings then spend what's left on food, petrol and random stuff.. Knowing all expenses are paid and savings growing is such a relief and we don't feel bad eating out too much etc as we have the expenses covered!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FamilyLove For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (27-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wonder the same thing, in fact I was discussing with a friend the other day that we don't know how others do it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You will find it's the little things that add up.. a coffee here and there.. takeaway.. getting a $10 pizza rather than a $5 pizza etc. You need to start thinking about what you're spending your money on and decide if you *really* need that item or could go without. We were hardly ever saving money either until I started doing this. Now what we do is I have a budget for kids and I and my DH has a budget for himself. So now I really have to think about what I want to spend my money on because once it runs out.. that's it. I can't do anything. We have found since doing that we have saved HEAPS of money.

The money I get has to cover... outings, me going out with friends for dinner, movies etc, take away (unless I didn't order dinner for that night and it's a $5 pizza or hot chips), birthday presents etc.

I also started looking at grocery bills because that was adding up. I used to do all my shopping at Woolworths.. now I do my majority of shopping at ALDI and do the rest at Woolworths or Coles. I used to go even further than that and look at catalogues and compare prices etc but found that was too time consuming so now I do ALDI and Woolworths or Coles. By doing this I save approximately $50 to $100 a week. Hard to believe but the small difference in prices and the amount of stuff I have to get adds up.
    Last edited by Renesme; 16-12-2015 at 05:46.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We have a budget and separate accounts for savings. We need to tighten up our spendings again now that we are due with #2 and considering me being a sahm even though I earn more than Dp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Subbing..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Set each other pocket money limits.

I think everyne has covered it nicely.

If the advice given still foes not sink in a finacial advisor can be good. Have not read all the posts. Maybe this has alreay been said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched this American show a while ago called "extreme cheapskates". Some of them are very extreme but it does give you a good idea on how to look at your expenses from a different perspective. Some of those options you might consider. I know I have.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmmm For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (28-12-2015)