+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Santa will bring Dd's stocking fillers. These are things like socks, tshirt she needs, small toys, and a book. From us, she'll get her two bigger presents, a doll, and a tea set.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do whatever works for you...kids are good at dealing with difference if they know and respect that people do things differently.

Ours are going to get 'unexplained' gifts in a stocking, and maybe one thing under the tree (e.g., DD asked for a specific thing when we went to get a Santa photo taken...so she'll get that), plus some other bits and pieces that we'll claim responisibility for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All our presents were from santa as kids and DS is the same, except we buy him one thing from us - I never and he never compares presents with other kids so I honestly don't think it will be a problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a non-issue.

Kids all get different birthday presents, clothes, toys in general, live in different houses, get driven around in different cars - I don't think it matters if they get different value presents from Santa. It never bothered me as a kid, I don't think it would bother kids now. Also younger kids don't usually understand how much things cost and older kids usually know that Santa isn't real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Santa always buys my boys 3 or 4 mid priced toys or books and from us they get one big present each and a set of new clothes to wear Christmas Day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the best thing about holidays is by time school goes back kids are not talking about what they got off Santa. I don't remember having those conversations growing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My 3 kids all get the same thing from Santa. Last year, Santa delivered them a trampoline and a bike each. This year they're all getting micro scooters from Santa and a stocking.

You know what my kids love? The excitement of the presents under the tree. We put the tree up the first weekend in December and every night after that I wrap a present, put it under the tree and they love seeing a new present under the tree each morning when they wake up. They get so excited. Last night was the first time I wrapped a present for under the tree this year and they just sat and looked at it for ages. Plus I love doing it this way as you're not wrapping a million presents in one night.

My kids never really remember what's from Santa and what's from us anyway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was a kid, we never really compared with our friends what we got from Santa. The only person I compared with is my sister and we got the same present pretty much, which I am keen to do with my kids.

To this point, DH and I have generally bought the kids the awesome presents and Santa something little. Over her 4 Christmases, DD has received a rattle, wooden bee, doll, last year we splurged for a cubby house that they shared and another toy - doll for DD and dog for DS.

This year they are getting from Santa Trunkis, a wooden name puzzle and superhero costumes. My personal dilemma this year is DD really wants a music box which she asked Santa for. I am wondering whether I'll give it to her or whether Santa will, which means he listened to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My kids only get a Santa gift if we go to work/group break up party. We have done one of those for a few years. All gifts are from us or other people.

My kids are brought up knowing that Santa isn't real. That people continue the tradition started by St Nicholas. We all enjoy the Christmas movies and have Santa stuff as part of that fun just not in the he is real so you better believe.

They never have expressed a concern about other kids getting Santa gifts and them not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I never and he never compares presents with other kids so I honestly don't think it will be a problem
    This.
    Well talk about stuff but never who it was from. Just "hey look how cool this is, it does this and this and this"