Can you refuse a date for your elective cesarean in a public hospital | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They probably won't bring the date forward as the policy is the last week of pregnancy now. I went into early labour a week before scheduled cs and they just did the cs then. There were no issues. Phoned in at 2pm arrived at hospital at 3pm and ds2 was born via cs at 5pm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I booked my c-sect at a public hospital they were quite accommodating, they gave me the choice of 2 or 3 days, one of which was BIL's b'day, so I chose a different day. Then a couple of days before I was due to come in they phoned and said they had had a cancellation and I could come a day sooner (by that time I was desperate to get baby out), so we changed the date!
    Probably depends on the hospital, but there was some flexibility at mine. I was booked in at 39 weeks plus a couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I already have express my concerned to have a date come to my due date. And will tell again it is too close to my due date. With my 2nd, the doctor wanted to book me on on my due date and told her that I didn't want to be in labour and have an emergency....luckily they were booked out and put me forward at 38+3days....

I was told at my first appointment that the date would of been 38 or 39 weeks. It was a temporary date as apparently things can change. So I'm hoping it will change by my next appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it would be sweet and special ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My c section was Friday the 13th and I loved it. A super special day for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Can you refuse a date for your elective cesarean in a public hospital

I refused to book my c-section. DD was breech and had been since 26wks and I did everything to turn her. My obs wanted to book me in at 38wks and I didn't agree - she was breech so why did it need to be 2 weeks early. We nearly parted ways over.

Rather backfired spectacularly on me as I went into labour 2 and a bit weeks early on a Sunday, my obs was away and at 7cm dilated (didn't realise I was in labour for half the day!) were trying to get his stand in to me but he was delivering twins at another hospital. Ended up being an emergency c-section cause even in labour she wouldn't turn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't want my date and expressed to be moved forward due to anxiety etc... I delivered 38 weeks spot on. I wouldn't want my child born in a leap year either good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you guys.

My second was breech but they wouldn't turn the baby as my first was an emergency. I was very scared to be in labour before due date....

This one is breech too at 28weeks...I'm not sure if baby will turn or not but def not waiting closer to 40weeks to have my cesarean. I will put my foot down.

Donnie were you in a public hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. you can refuse.

i did!! Elective csect with #2 in a public hospital as a public patient back in April.

They wanted to have bub born on my twin niece and nephews, and my cousins birthday and i said no. the day after was a public holiday...so they went the day before. he shares with my mum now instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. Im hoping they will be a bit more accommodating than what they were at y 28 weeks appointment..