+ Reply to Thread

Default Doctors appointments. Your right as a patient in a public hospital

Hi everyone.

Just looking at some advices for this pregnancy in a public hopistal and first time under hospital care. My 3rd baby is due in Feb/Mar 2016 booked at Dandenong Hospital. It will be my 3rd cesarian and have to have doctors appointments (instead of midwives).

At my last appointment, I have received appalling care from this doctor. He was nice enough however sensed he wanted to go home as I was his last patient.

I understand in a public hospital you get who you get at your appointments, but what are my rights to refuse to be seeing by this doctor again? And how do I go about this?

Also, he gave me a temporary date for my cesarean which will be 29th Feb. I have raised my concern not having it on the week on my due date as I do not wish to be in labour and honestly do not like the idea of giving my child a leap day as a birth date. What are my rights in refusing a given date?

If anyone had similar experience in a public hospital I would really love to hear from you.

My next appointment is not until the new year but I want to be prepared.

Thank you a lot!

Last edited by Tiff86; 09-12-2015 at 20:22.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can ask not to see a specific doc...just means you might have to wait longer for your appointment.

And they can't force you to have a csection so ask for the dateto be moved.

Thank you ProudMama. Do you refuse the doctor on the spot if it happens that I have him again or do I ring and let them know before my appointment?

With the cesarean, I will be comfortable with a cesarean than a natural birth as I have had 2 previously. But not comfortable with a date that is 3 days before my due date and on a leap day especially! I was very disappointed by that doctor but I guess 28 weeks appointment is too early but I will put my foot down at my 32 weeks appointment....