+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Olive Oil: I didn't know that u were expecting. Congrats! DS is a very happy baby now just not when he wants to fart. We went ngala with him at 10w. Just learning pat and Shoosh. We told them that we would go back if nothing has improved with his sleep by 6 months. What they taught us is textbook and we find that the alteration of the method works better with DS. We want to wait until he sort out medical condition before anymore sleep training. Honestly, he improved a lot on night sleep. I think it just him growing older. Disruptive sleep with gas but he always fell back to sleep at night unless it is really bothering him. Since he has the ability to handle one night feed only, he suffers less as a result! I Just have no idea why he couldn't fall asleep easily day time and a catnapper.

He is in 5mg per dose. 10mg per day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @Olive Oil: I didn't know that u were expecting. Congrats! DS is a very happy baby now just not when he wants to fart. We went ngala with him at 10w. Just learning pat and Shoosh. We told them that we would go back if nothing has improved with his sleep by 6 months. What they taught us is textbook and we find that the alteration of the method works better with DS. We want to wait until he sort out medical condition before anymore sleep training. Honestly, he improved a lot on night sleep. I think it just him growing older. Disruptive sleep with gas but he always fell back to sleep at night unless it is really bothering him. Since he has the ability to handle one night feed only, he suffers less as a result! I Just have no idea why he couldn't fall asleep easily day time and a catnapper.

He is in 5mg per dose. 10mg per day.
    That's a relatively low dose. My kids were both on double that. Did your paed tell you it was gas? We thought DD (our first) had gas but my paed said to tell him the symptoms and he would diagnose and she didn't have gas it was a reflux symptom. So it could well just be that he's not on a high enough dose of losec

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paed didn't say that but he is farting a lot. Drawing his legs up in the air at night and after a while farting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stool test comes back normal. It turns out that he has severe tongue tie which might be one of the main reasons why he is so gassy. I'm so disappointed that this wasn't picked up with the first pead. We aren't too happy with him after 2 appointments only being told PURPLE crying and thus the gas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Stool test comes back normal. It turns out that he has severe tongue tie which might be one of the main reasons why he is so gassy. I'm so disappointed that this wasn't picked up with the first pead. We aren't too happy with him after 2 appointments only being told PURPLE crying and thus the gas.
    How absolutely frustrating! We had issues with hopeless healthcare providers with DD, poor baby boba going through all that discomfort because people can't do their jobs properly!

When can you get the tongue tie snipped?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were told that he is too old now. The surgeon would hve done it in his office if he is less than 3 months old. He told us to wait until he is 6 months so he can be put under. Another 2 months of suffering from all the gas. :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am absolutely disgusted this wasn't picked up in the hospital when he was born. Both my ds had theirs found and we were informed before we were discharged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    How absolutely frustrating! We had issues with hopeless healthcare providers with DD, poor baby boba going through all that discomfort because people can't do their jobs properly!

When can you get the tongue tie snipped?
    There is a FB group that has done lots of research to find the best professionals to snip. I can get the name of you like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes name please.

We have one signed up because thats the only choice given but more than happy to know who is the best in my area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you serious!?! That is appalling. Months of an upset little man when it maybe could have been avoided or at least alleviated! I'm so sorry bbhope.