+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok. I feed DS the first time he wakes up but what do u do after that? I can't be feeding him every 2 hrs. Note that I am bottle feeding. It is getting worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Ok. I feed DS the first time he wakes up but what do u do after that? I can't be feeding him every 2 hrs. Note that I am bottle feeding. It is getting worse.
    For the 4 month sleep regression I would try and settle first. If that doesn't work or if bub wakes later on then feed.

Make sure you don't feed to sleep or transfer bub from one location to another after bub falls asleep.

Is bub on Medication for reflux? Or is reflux still affecting bub?

Check out this article on the 4 month regression

https://childsleepscience.wordpress....done-about-it/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he is on losec. I find his gas problem more severe than reflux ATM. There is no medication can help him with the gas! That says I think his short sleep cycle has nothing to do with the gas. That's because his gas problem is as bad as before and he had done 6--7hrs stretch the first half of the night in the past for a good two weeks. Second half of the night is always restless after the night feed due to stomach problem.

I am also not keen to feed to settle him with the regression because it makes his stomach worse.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Yes he is on losec. I find his gas problem more severe than reflux ATM. There is no medication can help him with the gas! That says I think his short sleep cycle has nothing to do with the gas. That's because his gas problem is as bad as before and he had done 6--7hrs stretch the first half of the night in the past for a good two weeks. Second half of the night is always restless after the night feed due to stomach problem.

I am also not keen to feed to settle him with the regression because it makes his stomach worse.

Thanks.
    Have you ruled out CMPI as that can cause bloating and gas. What are his poos like? Does his tummy ever feel solid/swollen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That will be next to explore. We are due to see the gastroentelorogist at the end of this week. He wanted us to try the HA formula for 4 weeks. Neocate is suggested, although i don't know how easy it is to get it. Getting the Aptamil HA formula has been a pain due to shortage. I guess by the time we go through all of these exercise, he would have suffered for so long.

With nan comfort, his poo looked normal. Mustard paste. However, just when we were seeing the Dr 4 weeks ago, there was a lot of mucus in the poo and he pooped after every feed which was very unusual. That lasted 1.5w just when we switched to aptamil HA. Dr was trying to rule out bacteria infection at the time. We didn't hear anything back abotu the result (very frustrated!).

With aptamil HA, it has been dark green with bits of yellow and runny. I was told that it is normal with the HA formula. It doesn't seem normal to me. I figure if he has allergy, HA formula would have made it better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    HA formulas are okay if buns have a milk intolerance as the dairy is partly hydrolysed / broken down so the tummy doesn't react as bad.

You're right green isn't usually good. I know allerpro can be hard to find, but most places like chemists you can place orders for it / out a tin at a time on hold. Allerpro fully breaks down any dairy from my understanding so is more effective than HA formulas.

They say 60% of kids who have CMPI are also intolerant to soy but both of my CMPI kids are okay with soy so I have always had Karicare soy formula which they've both been more than fine with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what it is. I also thought that HA formula would help with the allergy. However, his gas problem is as bad as before. Now, the poo doesn't even look normal.

I consider soy. Just like you said, 60% children with CMPI also have problem with soy. I think i should just go straight to allerpro or neocate which breaks down the protein extensively. Using soy formula might just be another month of experimenting without any outcome. If i get neocate, isn't that easier to get than allerpro since it is presription?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I don't know what it is. I also thought that HA formula would help with the allergy. However, his gas problem is as bad as before. Now, the poo doesn't even look normal.

I consider soy. Just like you said, 60% children with CMPI also have problem with soy. I think i should just go straight to allerpro or neocate which breaks down the protein extensively. Using soy formula might just be another month of experimenting without any outcome. If i get neocate, isn't that easier to get than allerpro since it is presription?
    Yeah it's a bit easier to get, but a headache to get the prescription. I think the rules on prescribing it have changed and a paed can't prescribe it you need a paediatric gastroenterologist to write the script.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is seeing a gastroenterologist. I feel like an endless battle with his gas problem. Reflux is under controlled by losec now. I just hope that his sleep pattern improves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think i should get back to the sleep issue. How many unlucky parents out there have a catnapper at home?

People keep talking about sleep association. I find that any formal sleep training requires one settles the baby in the cot and a routine. Isn't that a sleep association as well?