+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Disagree completely @A-Squared. My older two girls grew out of it themselves as will this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I actually agree with @A-Squared on this one. I've found with all 4 of mine their sleep changed at 4 months and while it changed again, it was a permanent change. I believe it's also the end of the 4th trimester.

I don't think calling a 4 month regression a permanent change is a problem. I think it's normal to expect sleep patterns to change as babies get older. I also find the 8 month sleep regression permanent as it can coincide with a developmental explosion and they just have too much on to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Can I just add I really dislike the term "regression". For me, babies change how the sleep. Just when you think it's ok something in their world changes and they are more wakeful again.

For me, that's just normal. It's us as adults that have to find ways of adapting. One reason I'm not a fan of sleep training is because no one method can attack all the changes that can impact on a babies sleep.

Sorry if I'm going OT.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-01-2016),flowers21  (29-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-01-2016),smallpotatoes  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ bbhope I'm not sure but at 4 months I think 2 wake ups is pretty good/normal? My DD is now 7 months and I've just got back to 2 wake ups overnight from 5-6 weeks of waking 1-3 hourly and having long awake stretches (eg 3hrs) some nights. At the moment given what I went through im thinking nights with 2 wake ups are a great success. In 7 months (so roughly 200+ days) she's had about 20 nights with only one wake up the rest have been minimum 2.
    I have no answers or solutions but you're not alone. Please don't think you're the only one with a baby waking during the night!😴😴😴
    We used to have awful catnapping (and grumpiness) and still do some days but she will now generally have 1-2 1.5hr sleeps during the day. Only thing that influenced that I think is keeping her up a bit longer - when we went to 2hr awake time. But it could also just have been developmental. She seems to just do whatever she wants 😖

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I have any problem of 2 wake up. Actually more like 5 if you add up those 1 hr between 4--7am. He also wakes up 1 hr into sleep when we first put him down. I think is strange is that he is now doing short stretch than long. I guess I was just talking to ladies whose baby sleeps through the night and long stretch. Not much trouble as nap time as well. Maybe DS problem is more common than I thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Disagree completely @A-Squared. My older two girls grew out of it themselves as will this one.
    I was actually thinking about this as I know you've always mentioned it passes and we agree to disagree on that one, but it got me thinking the attitude of 'it will pass' would equate to for you (or others who follow the same thoughts) being consistent in what you do to get your children to sleep - is continuing what ever you did prior to the regression.

A parent such as myself or sonja who think it's permanent might be more likely to then change things up a little but this could lead to some parents trying too many things to change their child's sleep, and it's the inconsistency of their approach that doesn't help in the regression 'passing' IYKWIM.

Basically consistency leads to better sleep in my mind. Doesn't matter what that may be (feeding, shush patting or CC) buns need to know what's coming next and that can only happen with consistency

Thanks
    Reviews
    That kinda makes sense @A-Squared. My kids know exactly how I respond to their cries and I don't change my settling approach too much. Yes I might swap rocking for walking in the pram or bedsharing but at all times I'm there.

I think it passes for me quickly as I don't worry or focus on it. It happens and I move on from it. I don't see how worrying about it improves quality of life.

I've had a combined sleep of 15hrs these past three days and that includes my 3hr nap from day before yesterday. So I do get sheer fatigue and exhaustion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still dream about having DS sleep in the pram and co-sleeping. No luck. If only he would co-sleep with me at nap time, i could nap as well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I still dream about having DS sleep in the pram and co-sleeping. No luck. If only he would co-sleep with me at nap time, i could nap as well.
    My kids are not co-sleepers. None of them. They come to our bed to party not sleep. Now they're older my son (nearly 5) will sleep with me at night, my nearly 7 year old has never co-slept despite desperate attempts at trying, and my 10 year old is the size of a small giraffe so co-sleeping with her is impossible.

I have spent literally hundreds of hours over the years sitting in their beds patting their backs and comforting them. Sometimes it drives me nuts but mostly I cope.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-01-2016),torn13  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Can I just add I really dislike the term "regression". For me, babies change how the sleep. Just when you think it's ok something in their world changes and they are more wakeful again.

For me, that's just normal. It's us as adults that have to find ways of adapting. One reason I'm not a fan of sleep training is because no one method can attack all the changes that can impact on a babies sleep.

Sorry if I'm going OT.
    This reminded me of this..

http://www.pinkymckay.com/the-myth-o...r-babys-sleep/

I think changing the word regression may help our sleep deprived mindset about worrying what we might have done wrong.