+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, i have heard a lot about control crying and it works for many of my friends. No control crying from what i have learned yesterday at day camp. He is too young for self soothing. I just have to soothe him until he dozes off and leave. When he fusses and cries, just go back and soothe him in the cot. Be persistent of not picking him up. If he is in a distress of crying, then pick him up for cuddle. Then, repeat once he is calmer.

More later...bub is crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default settling/sleep issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Same here for all my girls.
    I've just posted on another thread about this.. Lying down and sleeping with my DD the last week has allowed me to recharge and realise that bubba's need mumma's to sleep. When you try messing with that to fit into some self settle modern day regime that's when trouble starts and everyone is stressed out.

As long as Bub is tired they will sleep easily next to mum.

Is also a cheeky way of mum a getting a good nap also - nature knows what it's doing!

As soon as I'm back in Oz I'm going to rethink how to put a bed in her tiny room 😁

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    I've just posted on another thread about this.. Lying down and sleeping with my DD the last week has allowed me to recharge and realise that bubba's need mumma's to sleep. When you try messing with that to fit into some self settle modern day regime that's when trouble starts and everyone is stressed out.

As long as Bub is tired they will sleep easily next to mum.

Is also a cheeky way of mum a getting a good nap also - nature knows what it's doing!

As soon as I'm back in Oz I'm going to rethink how to put a bed in her tiny room 😁
    Not for all babies sadly. Mine tosses, turns and kicks like a donkey in bed with me she is way less settled with me 😁 I so wish she'd happily co-sleep as I'd do it! I've given up on it now unfortunately.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neither is mine. We want to get him off sleeping by himself because I am going back to work and he can't rely on me 24/7. Since my last post, I would say that it is still very difficult to put the technique into practice. DS would fall asleep and wake up 5mins later crying knowing he isn't in our arms. He cries whenever we transfer him. When his head hits the mattress. Lol. We gave up most of the time. In the last 2 days, we finally got him to sit in the carrier covering with a muslin so it is darker. He fussed but eventually fell asleep for a nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Neither is mine. We want to get him off sleeping by himself because I am going back to work and he can't rely on me 24/7. Since my last post, I would say that it is still very difficult to put the technique into practice. DS would fall asleep and wake up 5mins later crying knowing he isn't in our arms. He cries whenever we transfer him. When his head hits the mattress. Lol. We gave up most of the time. In the last 2 days, we finally got him to sit in the carrier covering with a muslin so it is darker. He fussed but eventually fell asleep for a nap.
    Babies sleep differently for different ppl. With me the kids bedsharing works. Dh cuddles to sleep. My mother sings and pats them. MIL puts them in bed and walks out.

With your bub waking upon hitting the mattress. Try warming up the sheets with a hot water bottle. And use flannel as it keeps them toasty.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-01-2016)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Babies sleep differently for different ppl. With me the kids bedsharing works. Dh cuddles to sleep. My mother sings and pats them. MIL puts them in bed and walks out.
    This. I was so worried ds would never sleep for anyone other than me and bfing but he will fall asleep for Nan in the pram, and at childcare they sing to him and when dh has the patience (usually only when I am sick) he can get ds to sleep by singing too. I still feed to sleep and cosleep at 23 months.

Thanks
    Reviews

With your bub waking upon hitting the mattress. Try warming up the sheets with a hot water bottle. And use flannel as it keeps them toasty.
    This is so true! My mum gets DD to sleep simply by putting her in the cot. I have to feed to sleep. DP pats and sings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    New twist. DS has been doing good at night since 10w. He dropped to 1 feed at night since 13w. He started to sleep long stretch ~7pm--2am for about two weeks. The next stretch is rather short, 3am--6am (with few attempts to resettle, which is fine).

Then, he is back to short sleep cycle ever since. It doesn't matter when i feed him or put him to bed or how much we feed him, he always wakes up around midnight and then 4am. ie, every 4 hrs. It is a bit like his 2 night feeds schedule, except DH didn't feed him at all until later if he can't be resettled. I thought this coincides with us changing formula which we notice that it doesn't keep him as full. However, it really doesn't matter if we feed him a bit more in the evening, he still wakes up around the same time.

I read about 4 month sleep regression. Can this be it? He is 4 month old next week. He has never been a good sleeper, though.

Nap is always a problem. He only sleeps 30 mins and somehow just can't transit into the next sleep cycle. We sort of give up and accept that this the way it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Sounds like the 4mth regression. I'm in it too. Dd3 is 4mths next week. She woke every 1.5hrs last three nights.

It will pass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    The 4 month sleep regression is actually permanent as explained here....

http://www.babysleepsite.com/baby-sl...ep-regression/

Good luck with it all its a tough time