+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you all.

To last point, yes to white noise. No luck. He only likes the shhhh sound from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im sorry your having a tough time. It's so hard to remember to eat in the early days. I used to always chose sleep over food! Has anyone got an Ergo carrier you can use/borrow? They come with a comfy Newborn Insert. Maybe try your second hand buy/sell/swap pages. Not every baby likes the baby bjorn.

Also. Please don't forget that if he is fed, changed and not in pain and safe then it's OK for him to cry a little while you eat. You must look after yourself. Xxxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Also. Please don't forget that if he is fed, changed and not in pain and safe then it's OK for him to cry a little while you eat. You must look after yourself. Xxxx
    This. Sometimes it's the only way i get to eat!! It's not going to hurt bub to cry for 5 mins while you gulp down some food - took me awhile to realize this! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg. I can't believe what I just did. I successfully transferred DS to the cot so I can eat. He woke up, realised he wasn't in my arms, upset and he wouldn't stop crying no matter how I soothe him. I put him down in the cot and walked away. He cried louder and louder. I went back in to pick up this little poor guy and put him tight on my chest. He stopped immediately. I am such a bad mom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default settling/sleep issue

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Omg. I can't believe what I just did. I successfully transferred DS to the cot so I can eat. He woke up, realised he wasn't in my arms, upset and he wouldn't stop crying no matter how I soothe him. I put him down in the cot and walked away. He cried louder and louder. I went back in to pick up this little poor guy and put him tight on my chest. He stopped immediately. I am such a bad mom.
    It's ok to put them in their cot and walk away sometimes if you need a break. a few minutes of crying won't harm them.

I know you're trying everything but be kind to yourself as well.

Maybe try the carrier a few more times too when he's in a good mood. It takes them a bit to get used to it. Put them in and walk around stomping for a bit and go outside.

You are not a bad mother. You are trying hard everyday to do the right thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are not a bad mum. I had been trying to get ds2 to sleep for an hour. Dh comes home from work, told me to leave him and let him cry. Before we even got to 10 mins he's asleep.
    I'm not a huge fan of cry it out, it makes me feel terrible, but it works for our ds2. We only let him go a max of 10-15 mins and we are always in the same room with him. He just needs to cry sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default settling/sleep issue

If that's the case then there's no such thing as a good mum!

Babies cry when you change their nappy. They cry when you get them dressed from a bath. They cry when attending to your toddler. They cry if you go to the toilet. They cry in the car if it's a long trip. They cry because it's a Monday...

Babies cry. It's ok. You can't stop it. Mines crying right now whilst I'm getting her bath ready.

You are a good mum for looking after yourself too

Hugs xxx the guilt does fade when they get older and you realise they are ok
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 10-12-2015 at 15:35.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-12-2015),babyno1onboard  (10-12-2015),Cue  (11-12-2015),LaceyGracie  (19-12-2015),meandmyboys82  (10-12-2015),twinklify  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    If that's the case then there's no such thing as a good mum!

Babies cry when you change their nappy. They cry when you get them dressed from a bath. They cry when attending to your toddler. They cry if you go to the toilet. They cry in the car if it's a long trip. They cry because it's a Monday...

Babies cry. It's ok. You can't stop it. Mines crying right now whilst I'm getting her bath ready.

You are a good mum for looking after yourself too

Hugs xxx the guilt does fade when they get older and you realise they are ok
    This!! 100%. Couldn't have put it better myself.
    I knw it's hard to let them cry. But sometimes you just have to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many of you darkened the room for day time nap for your bub? I read somewhere that one should get them to have day and night association and thus the suggestion of exposing daylight during the day. Does this not apply for newborn (< 3m)?

I am not sure if i have mentioned above. DS started being able to settle and fall asleep easily in the evening lately. Such a blessing even though he still needs to feed every 3-4 hrs. Interrupted sleep wtih gas pain. I'm fine with that. it is a major improvement as compared to weeks of difficulty around the clock with sleep in the past. Day time nap is still an issue. Now, i am wondering if this has something to do with the light.

What's all about exposing them to noise and light during the day as suggested by the book?