+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default settling/sleep issue

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Sorry for asking more question again! DS is finally rolling. Yay. But he was practising it all night long. we have to keep going in to flip him back. Any solution to this?
    Once they are rolling they are ok to sleep in whatever position they put themselves in, as their head and neck control is strong enough now for SIDS risk to decrease dramatically. Still put him to bed on his back but if he flips over to sleep on his stomach he's ok

Eta: if he is wrapped/swaddled the advice is to stop wrapping when rolling as they can get stuck
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 02-03-2016 at 11:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He was still in the love to dream suit so will not use it tonight. Hmm but he doesn't know how to roll from tummy to front just yet. He is only able to roll from the left side! We are worried that he will suffocate himself. He did fuss that's why DH went in to flip him back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS hasn't been sleeping at night since Tuesday. It is making us very exhausting. Not teething pain for sure because panadol didn't do the trick. I suspect this has to do with him rolling but he wakes up without even rolling to the tummy. I am puzzled!!

When we put him down like we normally do in the evening, he makes a huge fuss and keeps rolling himself to the tummy. We have do what we used to do by holding his legs down and patting him to sleeping in the cot. Then, he woke up every hr crying (with only one night feed). I suspect that he was just tired and somehow woke up. The usual trick of putting the pacifier back didn't work anymore. I had to hold him, patting, put him down half dozing off. I didn't want him to fall asleep in my arms and transfer. As soon as his head hit the cot, here come the crying. Very similar to our nap experience. After big cry for a while he eventually fell asleep but didn't last long! He like to flip to the side half asleep now. Perhaps that's waking him up?!

It is more than the sleep regression to me. It can't be his reflux (?) and tummy pain. It hasn't been this extreme for a long while. not sure what to do! Oh...he doesn't like to sleep on his tummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope DS still sleeps in his Love to Dream (50/50), and he rolls. We tend to take his arms out overnight, but we leave him zipped in for naps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak: We didn't buy the 50/50. We should have done so when we bought more. It doesn't prevent him from rolling, I assume. We r looking to buy ergopouch because it is getting cooler at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe he's trying to tell you he's ready to be unswaddled? Might be worth using a sleeping bag with his arms out to see if that helps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We r going cold turkey without a sleeping bag or swaddle atm. Just pajamas suit. We haven't had a chance to buy the sleeping bag. Looking into it now. He just rolled one day without notice. Lol. I wonder the opposite. Ie Confused without it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Babies' sleep often flies out the window when they are mastering a new skill, since he's just started rolling this is probably going to go on until he works it out. My DS couldn't roll front to back for ages and would wake all night needing me to roll him back over. It will pass, I promise. I would definitely try to stop using the love to dream or any swaddle from now on. You could try just putting a light muslin tucked tightly across him for now.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 05-03-2016 at 23:44.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like until he is bored of rolling? Or until he can flip himself back? How long does it last normally? I thought the teething pain was bad but nothing can fix this. It isn't like I can give him the panadol to relieve his pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Like until he is bored of rolling? Or until he can flip himself back? How long does it last normally? I thought the teething pain was bad but nothing can fix this. It isn't like I can give him the panadol to relieve his pain.
    Until he figures it all out. He's not doing it for fun in his sleep, he can't help it. His brain is making all these different connections while he learns how to do it and unfortunately a lot of that development happens while he is sleeping. It will probably happen again when he learns other skills like crawling and walking. Picture his brain like a blank canvas and as he learns things connections are made and the canvas slowly starts to fill with every developmental phase. Each developmental phase is a part of the picture completed with all eventually joining together.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 05-03-2016 at 23:51.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (06-03-2016)