+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default settling/sleep issue

I think health professionals tend to want to wait to see if the lip tie will stretch since it is a tie that can and often does rather than just cutting it straight away 'just in case.' My son does still have a minor gap in his teeth but not anything I'm worried about, if he needs braces he needs braces. His teeth are a pain to brush but not enough for me to look into it more (it's a pain to get him to open his mouth to brush them period) and being that he is only two and it has stretched heaps the last year I feel confident it will continue to do so.

Bbhope, once you decide on a dr about his tongue tie just speak to them about their thoughts on his lip tie, doesn't have to be anything you stress about now unless you think it's contributing to his feeding issues.

As far as the regression they're pretty awful😕. If you google '4 month sleep regression' and 'thebabysleepsite' she has a bit of advice. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @PinkPopsicle: how severe was your DS tongue tied? I didn't ask the Dr if he is using laser cut. Thanks. I'll check it out.

Thanks @amyd. Which state are you in?
    I'm in rural vic and going to a dentist called Hand. We'll have to wait a few months to get it done because he's too old to do it awake and too young to have a GA for something that's not urgent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really confused now. Is it teething, sleep association or sleep regression? I mentioned above that it is sleep regression but now I have second thought. DS is drooling a lot. He likes to chew on anything he can grab on. This is classic signs of teething.

I started to lose count of the number of times he woke up in the last 4 nights. Basically, every 1--1.5hr. Most of the time, he would just fall back to sleep when I put the pacifier in. He would suck like crazy. If he couldn't, it is time to give him a feed. I know that he needs one feed overnight.

Because I mentioned pacifier, you might suggest this is a sleep association. However, this has never a problem in the past. He normally has it at bed time and spit it out just before falling asleep. I offer him because pacifier soothes reflux baby. I thought if he keeps the pacifier in, he wouldn't ask for me and transit into the next sleep cycle easily. However this isn't the case so I don't think is sleep association.

What do u all think? I am sleep deprived at the moment. It is actually harder to him to fall back asleep after he wakes up at night. It wasn't like that before either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd3 is 4mths old. She was waking every 1-1.5hrs. I am using a dummy to resettle. After a week of it I tried panadol. It stopped. Turned out it was teething pain.

Now if she wakes more than twice before midnight - I give her panadol to rule out pain. So far it's working well. I also have 20 000 dummies in her bassinet so in my sleep I can shove one in her mouth overnight to resettle her if needed and I barley have to wake (I don't count this as a wake).

Sleep regression is when a leap is being made either emotionally, physically or developmentally leads to increased waking. IMO they usually resolve by themselves.

Sleep associations are what Bub uses as a cue to go to sleep. For my babies I swaddle and feed them to sleep. If that does t work I cuddle, use the phrase "night night", stick a dummy in and pat them off to dreamland. So the cues/associations in my house are swaddle/feed or dummy/ cuddle or patting/ "night night" phrase. I rarely have issues putting my kids to bed.

Teething pain is awful. Babies find sucking /feeding very calming and relaxes them. It's a good way to avoid using pharmacological substances.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (16-02-2016),meandmyboys82  (16-02-2016),Olive Oil  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default settling/sleep issue

Maybe it's a combination of all? Or maybe he's having a growth spurt and is actually hungry which is why the pacifier is only working for a short period of time?

Eta: try some panadol to rule out teething pain like rose suggests.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 16-02-2016 at 17:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    My dd3 is 4mths old. She was waking every 1-1.5hrs. I am using a dummy to resettle. After a week of it I tried panadol. It stopped. Turned out it was teething pain.

Now if she wakes more than twice before midnight - I give her panadol to rule out pain. So far it's working well. I also have 20 000 dummies in her bassinet so in my sleep I can shove one in her mouth overnight to resettle her if needed and I barley have to wake (I don't count this as a wake).

Sleep regression is when a leap is being made either emotionally, physically or developmentally leads to increased waking. IMO they usually resolve by themselves.

Sleep associations are what Bub uses as a cue to go to sleep. For my babies I swaddle and feed them to sleep. If that does t work I cuddle, use the phrase "night night", stick a dummy in and pat them off to dreamland. So the cues/associations in my house are swaddle/feed or dummy/ cuddle or patting/ "night night" phrase. I rarely have issues putting my kids to bed.

Teething pain is awful. Babies find sucking /feeding very calming and relaxes them. It's a good way to avoid using pharmacological substances.
    Good advice ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post

This. All of this.

And also it's good to see you back R&A&H

Thanks
    Reviews
    No problem putting him to bed with the usual routine. It is the problem for him staying asleep. He is sleeping now. I will give him panadol if he wakes Again tonight just in case! I am back to work full time this week and DH is sick so can't help me with any little thing. I am exhausted. It is such a bad timing that DH fell sick this week when I have to work full time. I work part time in the next few months.

It can't be growth spur. He can't be possibly hungry in 1hr after a full bottle! In fact, he "plays" with the teat instead of drinking the milk.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know it's tough to work on minimal sleep but unfortunately that's the phase your baby is going thru.

He could just miss you. I know my baby often stops nursing to chat to me in baby talk. Right now I'm up with my 4mth old cos she is chatting to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't chat with him at night feed. Just want him to sleep. He needs sleep since he rarely naps during the day. It would have been good if he is willing to sleep next to me! He never likes co sleeping.

Yes he misses me. I cuddle and kiss him a lot when I get home.