+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Yes name please.

We have one signed up because thats the only choice given but more than happy to know who is the best in my area.
    Tongue and lip tie support australia.

My 18mo has just had a lip tie diagnosed and I think my 3 yo has a tongue tie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also theres ikids paediatric dental in north fremantle that can do lip and tongue ties. Bit pricey though and especially now bub will need an anaesthetic. We had DS2's ties lasered at 13days old for out of pocket cost of $470 but i self referred as couldn't be arsed pushing for referral from paediatrician

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PinkPopsicle: how severe was your DS tongue tied? I didn't ask the Dr if he is using laser cut. Thanks. I'll check it out.

Thanks @amyd. Which state are you in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @bhope
    Both my kids had tongue tie. The Dr that treated my DS has since retired but my DD was seen by Dr Liz Whan at Perth Paediatrics in Leederville. You just need a referral from your GP.

Best wishes with it all. I can only imagine how frustrating this has been for you - I've read a few of your threads and you've been so proactive in trying to help your bubs. It's disappointing that you've had such a run around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noooooo. Please do NOT wait and you do not need a GA!

If you are in Perth you have two options for professionals who can use laser to revise tongue AND lip ties. Tim Johnson at Ikids dental is very very good but he has a long wait list. It is also expensive but if you have the money it is absolutely worth it. My story is long but honestly the short version is that Tim is worth seeing!
    The other person who uses laser is moody. Look him up.

Your other option is to have the ties cut. There are a handful of people who do it. The dr in leederville mentioned by a pp is probably one of the most experienced but there are a few around. As a generalization they rarely do the lip also and they often do not get the posterior portion of the tie (the support group mentioned about has heaps of info on anterior v posterior tongue ties).

Unfortunately I have a bit of experience with ties. Pm me if you want more info..... But please don't wait. Xxx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

amyd  (15-02-2016),wobbleyhorse  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.tinysparkswa.org.au/blog/...-upper-lip-tie

This is a pretty good article with all the basic info you need about ties. Has a good list of professionals worth looking at down the bottom. Xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    http://www.tinysparkswa.org.au/blog/...-upper-lip-tie

This is a pretty good article with all the basic info you need about ties. Has a good list of professionals worth looking at down the bottom. Xxx
    Great article!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit off topic - Sorry OP
    @RedCreamingSoda - do you know what the implications of not getting an upper lip tie treated? My DD has one (she is 8 months). I did ask about it when she was born but the focus was definitely on the tongue tie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @PinkPopsicle: how severe was your DS tongue tied? I didn't ask the Dr if he is using laser cut. Thanks. I'll check it out.

Thanks @amyd. Which state are you in?
    It was a significant posterior tongue tie and mild upper lip tie. Tim johnston at ikids dental is awesome and i wouldn't hesitate to go back if we have another child. Best money i spent as he did both ties and we have a successful breastfeeding relationship. Even if not breastfeeding its worth it due to fussiness at bottles and wind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have anyone heard about Dr. Gera at perth paediatrics? We were referred to him because we saw another dr at perth paediatrics.
    @Olive Oil: I know......i am so frustrated, upset and angry. The paed that we saw at the hospital and afterward is certainly isn't good. i should have known better when he kept telling us that DS had PURPLE crying. I didn't know where to look for a good paed at the time.