+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLadyBugg View Post
    Thanks ladies, i guess im just a bit worried about getting sick due to having no immunity to chicken pox. Shall still steer clean of sick people and just soldier on 😊
    Why do you have no immunity to chicken pox if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    I have never had chicken pox before and when i was tested as part of my first antenatal appointment it was part of the routine blood tests to check... Is that what you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had chicken pox before and when i was tested as part of my first antenatal appointment it was part of the routine blood tests to check... Is that what you mean?
    Yes that's what I meant haha. I didnt know they checked for that cause I'm pretty sure I've never had chicken pox before and it's never been mentioned to me :what:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that's what I meant haha. I didnt know they checked for that cause I'm pretty sure I've never had chicken pox before and it's never been mentioned to me :what:
    Thats ok.
    Some people naturally have an immunity to it, or are vaccinated against it. Sometimes the vaccine wears off or doesn't actually take to the individual if that makes sense. Im sure if you weren't immune your doc would have advised you. It was checked along with rubella and HIV, blood type, blood count etc when they take 8 or so vials of blood from you in that initial appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 26 weeks and work at pre-school I've been sick for two weeks and can't shake it. I'm never sick and probably only got sick cause I'm preg. People send their sick kids to school and don't care that they spread germs to the other kids and staff. It makes me so cranky. They're mostly stay at home mums too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    I'm 26 weeks and work at pre-school I've been sick for two weeks and can't shake it. I'm never sick and probably only got sick cause I'm preg. People send their sick kids to school and don't care that they spread germs to the other kids and staff. It makes me so cranky. They're mostly stay at home mums too.
    Yep i hear you hun! Hope you feel better soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids currently have a semi tummy bug. I don't want to be around them! I am bordering on irrational with how much I hate being around sick people. It freaks me out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm paranoid too about people around me being sick. it's so bad that any time someone appears even remotely sick at work I get this flash of anger and frustration at them.

I told someone off for coming to work when he told me he'd had gastro the day prior.

last time I was sick I asked the gp how to deal with people around you being sick when you all have to work together. he said bugs are spread by people who are sick touching things that you then touch and touch your nose/face with. so if someone is sick, splutters all over their hands then touches a piece of paper that thru then give to you, and you then touch that paper then touch your nose, you'll catch their bug.

so I guess just hygiene as good as you can get it is key. keep a bottle of hand sanitizer at your desk, avoid touching your face whilst at work and wash your hands frequently and minimize handling of shared items. might also be an idea to have your own tissue box at your desk that nobody else touches and invest in some anti bacterial wipes to give your desk and phone a once over every morning.

there's not a whole lot else you can do really. if it gets really bad you could just take a day or 2 off to avoid the bugs but you don't want to really use up your sick leave on account of others.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked in an Emergency Department while I was pregnant. No avoiding sick people for me. I was exposed to shingles when I was 16 weeks. Thankfully my immunity was strong. I avoided potential measles and like double gloved for gastro/vre etc. I was much more vigilant with resp precautions for "maybe viral maybe flu" patients. I don't think I got sick more than normal. I now have a pretty hardcore nurse immune system. All those urti's while at uni finally paid off!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Snowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive had CP twice and was vaccinated between. I've had my blood tests and my antibodies are extremely low.