+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Maybe try a infant swing?
    Yep this! My 2 both had colic and reflux/silent reflux and the swing saved me both times! The constant motion and being that little bit upright worked wonders! My dd had most of her days sleeps in it and she would sleep for hours.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds2 had colic and by 12 weeks he was a different baby so fingers crossed you don't have long left!! The other thing that it could be though is more of a separation anxiety. My ds would scream as soon as I left the room at that age and also had to be held al the time. He wouldn't spend more than 5 mins in his pram before crying and I always had to be in sight at home.
    I think it's just age related though as he's fine now at 6 months. He loves attention and cuddles but he doesn't need to see me all the time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a swing but didn't have batteries. Got some now. He's asleep in his vibrating bouncer right now from the car ride. Will try the swing later on. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    https://www.babydoc.com.au/faq/colic...baby-to-sleep/ this link was recently posted in a colic thread. Amazing read, wish I'd seen in 2 months ago!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got some batteries for our swing, will try it later. He's currently dozing in his vibrating bouncer after the car ride put him to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    The swing is magic! 👐

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-12-2015),Happymum2  (09-12-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-12-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been following your posts. Lol. Like a stalker. I don't have much advices because I am in the same shoes. Worse because DS doesn't sleep in sling, carrier, swing etc. even in my arms, he won't stay asleep. Hr cries the moment he opens his eyes. I haven't gotten out of the house for a very long time since my mom left. No one can give me advices on the formula. CHN, paed, GP. Feel so frustrating. Any reason aptamil is suggested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    The swing is magic! 👐
    I sympathise. Dd1 was a colicky nightmare. All her naps (they were just crap ones) were in a swing. She was also awful overnight. Being a summer baby it was just too hot to have her in a wrap or on me. I just remember her crying. All day long. I have some photos of her smiling but I honestly don't remember that lol!

I'm glad she was my first, dd2 is an angel in comparison, I had braced myself for another 4 months of hell lol. It must be such a shock the other way around- easy baby then hard!

It did end though, by 4 months. You're almost there......then they turn into demon toddlers before you know it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I sympathise. Dd1 was a colicky nightmare. All her naps (they were just crap ones) were in a swing. She was also awful overnight. Being a summer baby it was just too hot to have her in a wrap or on me. I just remember her crying. All day long. I have some photos of her smiling but I honestly don't remember that lol!

I'm glad she was my first, dd2 is an angel in comparison, I had braced myself for another 4 months of hell lol. It must be such a shock the other way around- easy baby then hard!

It did end though, by 4 months. You're almost there......then they turn into demon toddlers before you know it!
    Haha i have a demon toddler!!
    He slept in the swing for a bit, woke up briefly now dozing again.
    I feel like he's going to get good and then I'll be back at work.
    Ds1 was so enjoyable at this age. I'm so sad ds2 is having such a hard time.
    I'm trying to take it one day at a time but sometimes they all melt into one and it feels never ending. I will stay optimistic as best i can!!

Edit: he's awake and whinging. Sigh. 😒
    Last edited by meandmyboys82; 09-12-2015 at 15:52.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope , i think she recommended aptamil because it has prebiotics in it to help with tummy issues. I was looking at thr new aptamil profutura one which had prebiotics and probiotics. Don't want to switch again though. I'll see how he goes over the next few weeks. I picked up 2 tins of aptamil gold +1 at big w yesterday so i at least want to use those and give his tummy time to get used to this one. It's so hard to find where i live though, always sold out.