+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 11 week old baby dramas

This is a "I've got to get this out of my system before i explode" post.
    I love my new baby, i really do, but my gosh he's really annoying me. It's been 11 weeks of hell.
    He's very unsettled alot of the day, only happy when he's being held/ walked around. Right now I'm letting him cry because i need a break and a rant. I feel like such a failure.
    I thought we were getting somewhere over the weekend, he did so well but yesterday and today he's turned back into demon baby. He doesn't nap well which makes me think he's overtired all the time.
    To be fair he's sleeping really well at night. We do have some nights where it's a struggle to actually get him to sleep, but once he's down he'll generally sleep til 5am. Lastnight it took 2 hours to get him to sleep.
    We first thought he had reflux but the dr said no, and since we put him on aptamil gold+1 at her suggestion he's been doing better. It can be a struggle to get him to take the bottle in the afternoons but once he's drinking he'll drink it all. He likes to be walked around while feeding, it's killing my back! He's getting his wind up heaps better too this past week.
    I just don't understand why all the constant crying. He's fine when I'm holding him as long as we're moving around. The other thing is he won't settle for dh anymore which puts even more demand on me as i have to take him all the time while also fitting in time with ds1, and taking care of the the house, cooking etc.
    I'm at the point where i can't wait to get back to work in feb. I hardly enjoy him at all and i feel so damn guilty. He's a completely different baby to what ds1 was. At this age ds1 was sleeping well during the day, very happy and chatty. Ds2 has smiley chatty moments but nowhere near as much.
    We've had alot of difficulties with finding the right formula. I'm sticking with the aptamil though. it's been a week and a half now so i guess he's still adjusting.
    Colic has been mentioned by the dr, as has his gut still adjusting and maturing. Give it time she says. I'm so frustrated and depressed that he seems so unhappy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds like colic!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to siobhan2309 For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you have a baby carrier of any kind? I would highly recommend if he wants to be held and walked around. (Or for any baby really) It should help him settle and relax during the day while allowing you to have your hands free.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (09-12-2015),misskittyfantastico  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhan2309 View Post
    That sounds like colic!
    When does it end?!!! 😣😣😣😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Do you have a baby carrier of any kind? I would highly recommend if he wants to be held and walked around. (Or for any baby really) It should help him settle and relax during the day while allowing you to have your hands free.
    I have a ring sling but it's so hot at the moment he gets all sweaty and cranky. He loves the pram but also so hot. I take him to the shopping centre in the mornings after dropping ds1 at daycare, and push him around for awhile so he'll sleep. Didn't do it today. He's been up since 6:30 and only slept for maybe 15 mins 😯

Thanks
    Reviews
    They just grow out of it. It's so exhausting, but just remember that you have a healthy baby.
    I'd talk to a CHN though. Have you tried infacol wind drops?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to siobhan2309 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhan2309 View Post
    They just grow out of it. It's so exhausting, but just remember that you have a healthy baby.
    I'd talk to a CHN though. Have you tried infacol wind drops?
    Yeh stopped using them and have been using the brauers colic mixture. not really sure if it's doing anything though.
    I hope he grows out of it soon before i completely lose the plot.
    Think I'll get more infacol today

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the hot pram- I put a gel pack wrapped in a tea towel in before I put my baby and its seemed to have helped a lot.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to siobhan2309 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    The prob with our pram is that the shade doesn't stay up anymore, and i can't afford a new one. That's why i take him to the shopping centre in the morning. Air con and indoors. And i can get coffee! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe try a infant swing?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post: