+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Cows milk intolerance?

I've tried to give both of my CMPI kids a bit more dairy baked into things. It looked like DS was coping but after a few days he was up half he night screaming and scrunching his legs up under his tummy. DD seems to be coping okay though.

So she has croissants and tiny teddies and golden piklets and all have dairy in them. I haven't been game enough to give her chocolate or cheese or butter or milk as a drink.

Both of them have soy as a substitute. There's some good Sou yoghurts around and coconut yoghurts. I steer clear of cheese alternatives usually as they taste like rubbish, but there is a coconut oil version I've bought before that she liked. I can't remember the brand but it's made in Greece.

I also use nuttelex instead of butter / margarine.

Cakes are easy to make without dairy, just use nuttelex instead of butter and soy milk instead of milk. Soy milk in pancakes too - you can't even taste the soy in it.

You can make a creamy sauce by making a roux with flour and nuttelex and soy milk and that goes well on pasta or veggies.

ETA: DD has just turned 4 and DS is 19 months.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 03-04-2016 at 20:46.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had 1 White choc bunny on Easter and dd2 is still having issues feel
    So bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    I had 1 White choc bunny on Easter and dd2 is still having issues feel
    So bad
    Don't feel bad. I think we have to sacrifice a huge amount giving up dairy so having a small slip up hardly makes you bad mother of the year! I know i felt guilty that I didn't really look into the cmpi until ds2 was 6 months but after being dairy free for about 4 months now and losing over 5kg in weight I'm really wanting to stop bf soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Can they have food with baked or traces of milk such as biscuits? What symptoms do they have? Sorry for questions but I've only heard about people who's kids have grown out of it and paed seemed pretty confident he would but I just wondered what happens if he doesn't. What milk substitute do they have? I'm planning to stop bf at 12 months for a variety of reasons and wondered what milk is best. At the moment I use almond milk.
    I was giving DD biscuits, pikelets and some yoghurt and she seemed to be tolerating it ok but she started getting bouts of diarrhoea, her tummy was always bloated and she often complained of a sore stomach (2-3 times per week) . Once I took her off ALL diary her symptoms went away. DS gets diarrhoea when he has it so we just don't give him any. There are a few biscuits that don't have dairy but are not in the health food section as "dairy free" - Oreos, 100's and 1000's and Chocolate Ripple. I make custard using custard powder and rice milk. I make cakes with Nuttelex and rice milk (you can't taste the difference - no one ever notices at their birthdays). Almond milk is good also and sometimes I use Oat Milk which I think tastes better for custard. Neither of my kids like the coconut milk or almond milk yoghurts unfortunately but they are available in most supermarkets.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. Ds2 seems pretty happy and doesn't appear to have any trouble when going to the toilet but it's been over a week now since he had the biscuits and there's still loads of mucus in his poo!! I realise now why you have to be off dairy for at least 2 weeks as it obviously stays in the system a while or the inflammation takes a while to settle down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Ds2 seems pretty happy and doesn't appear to have any trouble when going to the toilet but it's been over a week now since he had the biscuits and there's still loads of mucus in his poo!! I realise now why you have to be off dairy for at least 2 weeks as it obviously stays in the system a while or the inflammation takes a while to settle down.
    Yes I've read it can take 3-4 weeks for the gut to heal. Longer if the damage is severe.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Anyone still around in this thread? DD (3 weeks) has suspected CMPI, waiting for poo results to confirm but poos are green and mucousy and there's blood in them. I cut dairy as soon as I noticed the poo and she's getting more settled by the day but her poos are still unpleasant but I've heard it can take a while for the gut to heal.

It's really awful seeing blood in your little ones poop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is dairy intolerant diagnosed 6 weeks ago (nearly). It takes around 6/7 days to leave our system and 6/8wks to leave their system. It does get better I can assure you of that. Our paed had us start rice cereal every other day at 10wks and I'm introducing solids now at 15 wks and it has helped considerably. Another one my mum said to me is wash white rice and boil it and use the water as a rice water bottle to give to bubs so the starch can line their bellies agin. I've done this on/off for nearly 6 wks and DS hasn't complained at all. He is soooo much happier now

Just remember to watch what you eat if you BF. We also use nutrica allerpro formula for the occasional top up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (28-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I'm still here!

You're right, it takes a while for the gut to heal. Glad to hear she's improving because its not nice seeing such a little baby in pain

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (28-10-2016)