+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Do you take a specific calcium supplement or is a general one ok? At the moment I'm just using up some old pregnancy and breastfeeding vitamins but not sure if they have enough calcium.
    He told me to take specific calcium ones. I'm not eating enough other calcium rich foods to meet daily needs. He said the good thing about these supplements is any excess you will just pass

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quick update. Went to see a paed yesterday who confirmed it sounds like cows milk protein enteropathy and in his experience most cases just have mucusy bloody poo but the babies are otherwise well and happy. Most will grow out of it by 12 months so he wants me to carry on being dairy free and then challenge him at 11 months. He thinks egg allergy is less likely so even though he had the bloody mucus after the egg it might just be coincidence but best to hold off eggs for now if he's doing ok.
    I'm happy with the plan, it's a pain being dairy and egg free but I'm starting to get used to it now so only 4 more months!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad you have some results, the first 3 weeks for me were hard but there's heaps of substitutes; look up paleo and vegan recipes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quick update. Went to see a paed yesterday who confirmed it sounds like cows milk protein enteropathy and in his experience most cases just have mucusy bloody poo but the babies are otherwise well and happy. Most will grow out of it by 12 months so he wants me to carry on being dairy free and then challenge him at 11 months. He thinks egg allergy is less likely so even though he had the bloody mucus after the egg it might just be coincidence but best to hold off eggs for now if he's doing ok.
    I'm happy with the plan, it's a pain being dairy and egg free but I'm starting to get used to it now so only 4 more months!!
    I'm glad you now have a way forward dairy free can be a pain but if you use soy or almond milk instead of milk and nuttelex instead of butter you can substitute a lot of things.

Cheeses are hard to find and they are gross and sweet William do a dairy free chocolate or there's always dark chocolate

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've started getting used to dark chocolate as its my quick sweet fix! I'm having to make an effort to eat high calorie foods as I lost so much weight in the first few weeks but now I've started making vegan brownies, bliss balls etc the weight seems to be going back on! Luckily ds seems to be ok with me still eating soya so although I don't eat loads and use almond milk I havnt been cutting out foods with traces of soy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you with babies who couldn't tolerate cows milk or soya what foods did you give that are rich in calcium? Ds2 is 8 months and we are doing a combination of blw and purées so any suggestions welcome. I'm still bf and taking calcium and vit d supplement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you with babies who couldn't tolerate cows milk or soya what foods did you give that are rich in calcium? Ds2 is 8 months and we are doing a combination of blw and purées so any suggestions welcome. I'm still bf and taking calcium and vit d supplement.
    I rely on the rice milk being fortified with calcium for my DS. Now he is 2 he takes a chewable calcium supplement.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (06-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of interest for those of you with babies with cmpi did they grow out of it? If so when?
    I know it's early days as ds2 is only 9 months but a few days ago I gave him a couple of biscuits without checking the label and he's now theres lots of mucus again in his poo as they had milk in. Also for those who breastfed did you find you could get away with eating food with traces in? I've been a bit naughty and for the last few weeks have been having the occasional piece of banana bread or biscuit and he seemed to be ok with this but now I'm being strict again. I'm on holiday in Spain now and I'm really missing dairy and eggs especially the foods that I usually love such as tortilla, croquettas, cheese, pastries. What we do for our children!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are 5 and 3 and haven't grown out if it yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    My kids are 5 and 3 and haven't grown out if it yet
    Can they have food with baked or traces of milk such as biscuits? What symptoms do they have? Sorry for questions but I've only heard about people who's kids have grown out of it and paed seemed pretty confident he would but I just wondered what happens if he doesn't. What milk substitute do they have? I'm planning to stop bf at 12 months for a variety of reasons and wondered what milk is best. At the moment I use almond milk.