+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    What brand and which section is the bio cheese in? I've never been able to find a decent dairy free cheese.

Sweet things - Anzac biscuits both Coles and Woolies are dairy free (unsure about egg and soy though)

Make your own cakes from scratch but use vegetable oil instead if egg, almond or oat milk instead of milk and nuttelex instead of butter.

Make risottos with nuttelex and minus the Parmesan. Make olive oil based pasta sauces (olive oil and a bit of stock), bolognaise, fried rice, steak and veg, fish cous cous and veg.

Really if you cook from scratch and skip packet sauces etc you can do dairy free really easily.

There's a brand of chocolate called sweet William who do a dairy free milk chocolate and white chocolate.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad84 View Post
    Sweet recipes are hard with no dairy and egg! I have read somewhere you can substitute egg with soaked chia seeds. I ate a lot of expensive dairy free raw chocolate type things from the health food section when I couldn't have dairy. Please share any good recipes you find, always handy to have on hand!

So glad your GP is onto things.
    http://detoxinista.com/2013/02/raw-c...te-cheesecake/

This is Devine

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have always found bio cheese in with the cheeses in some random spot, not even with the soy cheese. I've had to look for a long time to find it. In saying that, my local Woolworths has only just got it in, and it is in the vegetarian section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's some great tips there. I do tend to cook mostly from scratch so I'm not finding the main meals too hard, it's the breakfast and things to eat when out that I struggle with. I will definitely look up that cheesecake recipe and I'll also search for the chocolate mentioned as as much as I like dark chocolate I do crave milk chocolate too. My dh found some vegan cookies the other day and they ate surprisingly nice considering what's missing!

I did also try giving ds some aptamil allerpro last week but he wasn't taking much. At first I thought it was the bottle he wasn't used to but after trying with expressed milk I've realised its the taste he doesn't like. I do find bf easy at the moment especially with a toddler too but there are foods I really crave!! Walking past San churros today made me want a hot chocolate so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The chocolate I like is made by pana chocolate, and is stocked at iga. It's hideously expensive but so rich and yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I'm looking for a bit of a vent as I'm struggling to see if this dairy free trial is worth it. I'm booked in to see in a paed in 2 weeks so I'll likely stick it out until then but I'm just feeling a bit down today as its been over a month now, I've lost loads of weight (not desirable as I'm usually quite slim anyway but I'm now the thinnest I've been in a long time) and I'm not sure if there's been any improvement or not. After a few weeks he passed a more normal coloured poo (not dark green like usual) but there was still some mucus. After being constipated for about a week and very uncomfortable, 24 hours of prunes have done the trick and he passed a nice soft poo today but it's still got lots of mucus and looks pretty much like it did at the start.
    So my question is, should I be worried about the mucus in the first place seeing as there are no other signs? Am I potentially causing him more probs from lack of calcium etc by restricted mine and his diet? Arghh!! I want some chocolate cake and not the vegan kind!!
    Would anyone object to me posting some photos to see if anyone else would think the poo looks abnormal or whether I'm just over reacting?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Definitely post the photos, nothing we haven't seen before

Can you just bake a regular cake recipe and use cacao, nuttelex and soy milk? You can use egg still so they don't need to be completely vegan (unless you think eggs are also an issue - but the recommendation is to eliminate 1 food at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Definitely post the photos, nothing we haven't seen before

Can you just bake a regular cake recipe and use cacao, nuttelex and soy milk? You can use egg still so they don't need to be completely vegan (unless you think eggs are also an issue - but the recommendation is to eliminate 1 food at a time.
    Yep I've been doing some vegan baking especially things like fudge to try and keep my weight up but I think egg is the main issue with him so I'm off those too. Here are some photos.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454383477.753393.jpg
    Before starting trial

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454383517.373206.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454383533.781579.jpg
    The day after I gave him scrambled eggs and 2 weeks into the dairy free trial but I was still eating eggs then.

Thanks
    Reviews

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast