+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    @A-Squared and @Cue both have CMPI kids.
    Thanks for the mention!
    Both my kids were CMPI babies. DD (my first) was much worse than DS, which I think was because she had formula from birth and therefore a more 'direct' exposure. I also breastfed, but due to a complication after her birth I wasn't able to feed her on the first night and my supply never properly established. As far as symptoms, she had frequent runny poo that would range in colour from bright green to almost black and it was often frothy and/or full of mucous. She also had reflux, would scream all day everyday, was very slow to gain weight (failure to thrive), and was fussy at the breast but also wanted to comfort suck. It was a nightmare. After basically starving myself to avoid all traces of dairy or soy (suspected soy protein intolerance as well) I gave up at 13wks and put her on Neocate. Total miracle cure in her case. She's 4yo now and can have any dairy without a problem, which amazes me given how sensitive she was as a baby.

DS was exclusively breastfed until 17wks and then I slowly started introducing AllerPro. I stopped BF completely at 5 months. His main symptom was the mucousy poo and a stool sample showed traces of blood, suggesting irritation. He's 16mo now and has cheese & yoghurt and meals with dairy used in cooking. He's fine provided we don't give him too much in one day.

If you can, grab a good sized stool sample in a sterile collection jar to take to the GP. It's pretty much the only diagnostic test they can do - CMPI is usually diagnosed by a 'constellation of symptoms' and blood in the poo is a pretty important part of that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (12-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have soy and all dairy issues here can take over 2 weeks for dairy to leave your system

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So the dr today didn't seem to bothered about my concern despite the fact that his weight is not great now (he's on the 3rd percentile line and was in between the 3rd and 15th before) but she agreed to send a faecal sample off. I'm hoping something comes up from the sample as I am a bit worried about his weight now especially as I want to do baby led weaning so I know he won't be getting a huge amount of nutrition from solids for a while. I guess I might just try a dairy free trial again and hold off giving any dairy to him for a while to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems like a good plan, dairy free is easier than it sounds. Just make sure you include high calcium foods for you and Bubs. But for the life of me I can't remember what they are...! With any luck, a dairy free trial for a few weeks will help, and if it does, it's only for a few months usually. Good luck and keep us updated!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad84 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had lactose intolerance ( if I remember we see same paed) Dd went on lactose free formula and DS on allerpro. Maybe try lactose free cheese JIC while cooking etc

I also give pro biotic 3 times a day then once when they are well. I personally don't think once every four days to poop is good good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply. Quick question, for those that used formula such as allerpro, do you buy it from normal pharmacies? I havnt seen it in supermarkets etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't bought Allerpro, but i have seen it. Not quite sure where... not much help, sorry, but i have found that different supermarkets and chemists stock different formulas. The lactose free s26 i buy i can get from one Woolies but not another... Maybe phone around to ask? Saves getting bub in and out of the car ☺

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AllerPro is pharmacy only formula. It's very hard to get at the moment, I can only find stage 1. We've only got half a tin left and can't get stage 2 at all. Luckily DS only has 1 bottle a day and we'll be weaning him off formula entirely soon.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I just went to a pharmacy to look out of interest and they said it was hard to get but they would have some maybe tomorrow. I'm not going to buy any yet as he's still breastfed but I have been thinking of trying to give him the odd bottle of formula anyway as I weaned ds1 at 6 months when I felt ready and I'm thinking it might be easier than going dairy free myself. I'll wait and see if he actually needs it first, just getting ahead of myself a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Quick question, for those that used formula such as allerpro, do you buy it from normal pharmacies? I havnt seen it in supermarkets etc.
    I always find it at chemist King and terry white

17. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (15-12-2015)