+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Our toilet smells like the boys toilets at school!

Thankfully I have an ensuite but we've lived in this new rental for 6 months and it has wooden floors in the main toilet (bad bad idea) .... I disinfect it regularly ... I've used bi carb and vinegar... I told the boys time and time again to make sure they pee 'in' the toilet... But I'm losing my shiz!! It stinks ALL THE TIME!!! Any advice on how to fix this problem?? Every other place I've lived in has had a tiled floor so as soon as I clean it it's fine. It's almost like to wood is soaking up the smell :/ gah!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Id get some vinal cut to perfect size and just put it on top.. That way its covered but u only have to wipe the vinal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wipe the outside of the bowl and remove the seat and clean under it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have the same issue with my 2 boys...it's disgusting. I have tiles but I reckon the pee has soaked into the grout..vom... The issue mostly seems to be night time/early morning urinating when they not concentrating. Don't know what the answer is though..One of those toilet carpets things? Which I think are vile...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would get one of those mats (yuck i know)! Do not use bleach and for your toilet pour amonia down it soak over night then scrub. Then in morning flush. Then pour Coke. My hubby is a plumber I'll ask him about smell but that's what I do for cleaning and smell lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    ...and remove the seat and clean under it.
    Yep that usually our problem.
    *shudder* it's making me feel queasy just thinking about what I find around the seat attachments when I take it off. Eeeeewwwwwww....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Norwex spray....either the mattress one or sports enzyme. The destroy the bacteria that cause the smell. Works wonders (have have 4 little boys and their toilet has older wooden floors so it manages to absorb anything that has "gone astray" 😁 This stuff works wonders)