+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    I use a size 2 Lunette, I trimmed the stem as it dug into me. I always change it in the shower.

When I'm inserting it I feel this kind of popping feeling when it's in perfectly. If it doesn't feel good (after drawing up my pelvic floor to try and get it in a good spot) I take it out and try again.

When I'm removing it, I squat and bare down, that moves the cup down far enough for me to pinch the base. That's one reason I change in the shower as pinching the base can cause a spill.

If you haven't already watch this clip about choosing your first cup, it talks about how to measure your cervix length to get the right one.

Side note this chicky is about 15, I'm in love with her. I hope my daughter is this cool about menstruation when she's a teenager!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_G87oBd6rOw
    She is amazing! I'm a midwife and was blown away she had that knowledge about her body! Turns out I have a high cervix, I did not know that lol. And I really should have in my line of work lol.

The pink cup she showed, was it cebil? Seville? She spoke so fast I couldn't catch it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a 3 cycle in cup convert now!! Love my cup, but it only works for me turned inside out and stem cut off, even if I try to insert with no stem, I can still feel it, but inside out I can't at all.

I do find with mine that i know when to empty as it drops a fair bit and I become more aware of it - I'm wondering how you can get it to stay higher longer because mine is only ever half full when it does this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffabella View Post
    I'm wondering how you can get it to stay higher longer because mine is only ever half full when it does this?
    Maybe it's too small or the suction isn't activated when you insert?

It's a bit tricky, isn't it, getting the whole process to work seamlessly takes about 4 - 5 cycles I found.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's your favourite soft cup girls? I have a sensitive bladder so want something super soft.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    What's your favourite soft cup girls? I have a sensitive bladder so want something super soft.
    I'm not sure about soft cups...but I love the MeLuna brand because they have so many options which allows you to get the right cup size and softness for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (28-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @fullhouse what's your favourite website to buy from? I want somewhere in oz preferably.. Because I am impatient 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have a look at juju... They're an Aussie company. Not sure how soft they are in comparison to others, but it can't help checking out their site. I've found mine really comfortable the last few days.. Although I have no bladder problems. I didn't feel it irritated my bladder though/putting pressure on it like I needed to pee or anything. Might be worth a squiz?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi. I'm going to jump in for some suggestions. I have a lunette size 2 which had been great in that I have never had a leak, I can work out when using it etc but I find the stem a bit irritating. Can anybody suggest a different cup with a smoother stem?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Menstrual cup users

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Hi. I'm going to jump in for some suggestions. I have a lunette size 2 which had been great in that I have never had a leak, I can work out when using it etc but I find the stem a bit irritating. Can anybody suggest a different cup with a smoother stem?
    Have you tried turning it inside out to insert it?

I cut the stem off mine, found it still irritated me, so I turned it inside out and now no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    She is amazing! I'm a midwife and was blown away she had that knowledge about her body! Turns out I have a high cervix, I did not know that lol. And I really should have in my line of work lol.

The pink cup she showed, was it cebil? Seville? She spoke so fast I couldn't catch it.
    Si-bell I've ordered a pink one, I also have a juju I'll let you know how it is

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (29-12-2015)