+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I've literally just received mine in the post. I've gone for the juju cup so just hanging out for AF now so I can try it out! Any tips and tricks from anyone? Apart from the folds mentioned above?
    um... I find doing a few pelvic squeezes after insertion helps get it high and secure. (TMI, but a sneaky quick orgasm is even better, if you have the time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    um... I find doing a few pelvic squeezes after insertion helps get it high and secure. (TMI, but a sneaky quick orgasm is even better, if you have the time)
    Sold. Any excuse is a good excuse 😂

I've been umming and ahhing about buying one (diva) for a couple of years. I hate the idea of spending that much money though, only for it to not work or be the wrong fit. Hardly something I can resell on eBay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me it took quite a few months post birth to be able to use the cup again. It constantly felt like it was not in position and like it was falling out.
    Since waiting a few months, I can use it again with no problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooo thought I'd update as I have been using my juju size 1 for two days now, went with the smaller size although I have had a vaginal birth 18 months ago.

OMG I love it!!! Got the insertion first go. You can tell straight away if it's in the right place..especially if you know what you're "feeling" for- it almost suctions on so the cervix is sealed in if that makes sense.

Removal is a little more tricky- you have to get two fingers in and I find the seal quite hard to break. But no major problems.

It is so much more comfortable than a tampon, and I love the no string. Absolutely no leaks so far. I might trim the stem a bit as it does sit a little low.
    Feels so much fresher and cleaner than I did with a pad or tampon.

I do think you'd need to be very comfortable with your own anatomy/insertion to use it. As it is quite "hands on" (..or in..as the case may be.)

Hope that helps anyone who is considering one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also bought a size 2 but I'm not sure if the fit is right - it's so hard to retrieve!! It's my first time using and I'm nearly 2 years post birth.. The diagram looks like it's only meant to sit half way up but mine settles all the way up 😕

Does that sound right or should I get the smaller size? It's a lunette..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a size 2 Lunette, I trimmed the stem as it dug into me. I always change it in the shower.

When I'm inserting it I feel this kind of popping feeling when it's in perfectly. If it doesn't feel good (after drawing up my pelvic floor to try and get it in a good spot) I take it out and try again.

When I'm removing it, I squat and bare down, that moves the cup down far enough for me to pinch the base. That's one reason I change in the shower as pinching the base can cause a spill.

If you haven't already watch this clip about choosing your first cup, it talks about how to measure your cervix length to get the right one.

Side note this chicky is about 15, I'm in love with her. I hope my daughter is this cool about menstruation when she's a teenager!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_G87oBd6rOw

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

almai  (22-07-2016),ButterflyMa  (11-12-2015),ElizaDoLittle  (27-12-2015),Moxy  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So I'm using my juju cup for the first time. I'm finding it pretty easy to get in so that's a bonus. Removal however is a little trickier. It's very easy to reach the bottom of the cup and squeeze to break the suction, but I'm not sure it actually breaks the suction properly doing that. I can bear down to bring the cup lower so I can reach the top of the cup to squeeze it, but it can take a good 5-10minutes to get it out. First time I tried to take it out, I spent a good 10min digging around in there to get it out. Good thing DH didn't come in while I was in the shower, because it would've been a sight to see haha. Not ideal when I have to do it anywhere other than at home. I'm following the instructions from juju about rocking it side to side etc, but it just feels like it is pulling down my insides with it. Has anyone got any other tips, tricks or suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Menstrual cup users

I use the smaller than recommended size. Doesn't leak and comfy fit. I found the bigger one was buckling inside me and causing leaks.

I'm four years post c section birth. My first only made it part way down the birth canal.

I love that young YouTube girl. She taught me so much. And I'm 41!
    Last edited by Kimmmm; 27-12-2015 at 16:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Has anyone got any other tips, tricks or suggestions?
    hehe "digging around in there" …(no judgement, I've done the same thing. Not for the cup though, something else)

Anyway! um... I use one hand to gently pull the stem, and with the other hand, slide a finger up a few cm until I can push one side in and break the seal that way (while bearing down, legs slightly apart).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    hehe "digging around in there" …(no judgement, I've done the same thing. Not for the cup though, something else)

Anyway! um... I use one hand to gently pull the stem, and with the other hand, slide a finger up a few cm until I can push one side in and break the seal that way (while bearing down, legs slightly apart).
    Haha yeah it felt awkward. I feel like I need to get right up to the brim to break the seal! I might try your way tonight and see how that goes. I'm pretty happy with it so far otherwise. I've only had cramps for a few hours this time. 2 doses of panadeine (mainly cos I was at work and it's not really professional to walk into patient rooms with a heatpack tucked down the front of my pants!) and haven't needed anything else. Once I get more proficient at removal I'll be happy. I'm umming and ahhing about trimming the stem. It sticks out a little bit, but I'm not sure if it actually bothers me or not.