Menstrual cup users | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Menstrual cup users

I know there's a few of you out there so I'm going to shamelessly talk about my vagina problems

I used a small Lunette for years and loved it, couldn't feel it at all when it was in properly, but I threw it out when I was pregnant. It was getting old and I figured I'd replace it when AF eventually returned. So I got a JuJu cup this time in the recommended post-vaginal birth larger size and in about 6 cycles worth of attempts I've never been able to get it comfortable and inserted properly.
    Has anyone had this problem and found the different size helped? Or been more comfortable with the small size even after birth? Or never been able to use a cup again at all after birth? Or even had better luck with a different brand (they look pretty similar as far as I can tell)?

They're pretty expensive which is why I haven't just bought a different one yet, hoping I can get a better idea of whether it'd be worth trying something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following. I just bought a Juju cup, size 1 (even though I've had a vag birth) and am just waiting for AF to arrive so I can try it out!
    (I'm no help sorry. Except that I read quite a few reviews of women who've given birth vaginally still feeling more comfortable with the size 1 so I went with that!)

Also, do you think maybe you need to trim the stem ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoralicious View Post
    Also, do you think maybe you need to trim the stem ??
    I've heard that can help too but the stem never used to bother me :/
    I'd never thought to read reviews, that was a good idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had all vaginal births of big babies (plural), and have a cup for before birth because post birth cups are too big.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you get a tampon in?
    Reason I ask is the cup was no longer comfortable post #2 and couldn't get tampon in.
    Mentioned it to GP and turns out I had bladder and bowel prolapse which were falling into the vaginal canal, hence no room for tampon cup.
    TMI - what can you feel when you put your finger in? Is your cervix low?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    Can you get a tampon in?
    Reason I ask is the cup was no longer comfortable post #2 and couldn't get tampon in.
    Mentioned it to GP and turns out I had bladder and bowel prolapse which were falling into the vaginal canal, hence no room for tampon cup.
    TMI - what can you feel when you put your finger in? Is your cervix low?
    I've actually wondered if an overly low cervix could be an issue, I've reverted back to tampons and they're useable but definitely not as easy or comfortable as they used to be either.
    I haven't felt where it is in a long time, I can't stand anything going near my vagina that doesn't have to be there. I think that's more of a psychological post-birth problem though
    Thanks for the replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd mention it to your GP or find a women's health physio and see them. I had an awful birth that damaged myself and my son and found the physio was amazing.
    Low cervix doesn't automatically mean you have a prolapsed uterus as it moves up and down depending the time of the month but it's not something I'd ignore. Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

deku  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deku

Hope this helps!
    I've got Size 2 JuJu.

I tried menstrual cup as tampons were too painful with my bladder prolapse!

I too was struggling with comfort so with nothing to lose I trimmed the stem, turned it inside out and experimented with the different folds from the you tube channel.

Once I found the right fold and did the above I've had no comfort issues at all. I couldn't believe the difference the fold could make!

For anyone else reading this now or future: my periods are shorter and my cramps have disappeared since starting with the cup. I recommend them now to every female I know and wish I'd started in my teens!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessPud For This Useful Post:

deku  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPud View Post
    Hi Deku

Hope this helps!
    I've got Size 2 JuJu.

I tried menstrual cup as tampons were too painful with my bladder prolapse!

I too was struggling with comfort so with nothing to lose I trimmed the stem, turned it inside out and experimented with the different folds from the you tube channel.

Once I found the right fold and did the above I've had no comfort issues at all. I couldn't believe the difference the fold could make!

For anyone else reading this now or future: my periods are shorter and my cramps have disappeared since starting with the cup. I recommend them now to every female I know and wish I'd started in my teens!
    oh that's interesting about the fold! I assumed my technique was fine because it used to worked with my old cup, but I'll check out some alternatives for this one.

Haha I agree they're pretty great, I want to get this sorted so I can go back to super easy periods!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've literally just received mine in the post. I've gone for the juju cup so just hanging out for AF now so I can try it out! Any tips and tricks from anyone? Apart from the folds mentioned above?