+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Oh I was also going to add that have you kept a log of when she wakes, when she shows her first tired sign, when you start to out her down, when she actually falls asleep then when she wakes.

If you do that each day for a week or so, you may start seeing a pattern and it may help you work out the appropriate awake time for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Completely left field here given it's the middle of summer but could your DD possibly be cold?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Completely left field here given it's the middle of summer but could your DD possibly be cold?
    I did wonder so put an extra blanket on the other night but didn't help. She generally is sleeping in short sleeve/short leg or short sleeve/long leg onesie (singlet if super hot) wrapped in a cotton wrap with a sheet and cotton flanelette blanket doubled over her. Her room sits around 22-24 overnight.
    I am wondering if it's leap related even though I find they never usually match up/cause issues for her. This past week she's discovered her feet and her tongue, discovered sucking her thumb, started growing heaps of hair and learnt this new whingey cry. She seems to have a lot going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Oh I was also going to add that have you kept a log of when she wakes, when she shows her first tired sign, when you start to out her down, when she actually falls asleep then when she wakes.

If you do that each day for a week or so, you may start seeing a pattern and it may help you work out the appropriate awake time for her.
    No I haven't done that as yet but will try. Have tried feeding more frequently too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I know this night sound counter productive, as you're desperate for her to sleep as much as possible so you can too, but do you wake her at the same time each morning?

What does a 'typical' day look like for your bub?
    I don't wake her up. She usually would wake around 7:30 but always between 7-8 at the limits. This past week it's been 5, 5:30, 6, 6:20. Today we had a 7:30 hallelujah. I had put her in bed with me when she woke at 5:30 and had her attached to boob pretty much the whole time.
    So before this started it would be wake around 7:30 feed, play, top up, nap 9:30-11/11:30 feed, play, top up, nap 1:30/2-3:00-3:30 feed, play, shower, feedbed 6:30. Wake up once/twice between 6:30pm-7:30am with feed and straight to sleep. Sometimes she'll need a third short nap 30-40 minutes late afternoon if she wakes from her last nap before 3pm.
    In wake times we usually go out for one, the others we play lots of floor time. Trying solids but she hasn't been ready just yet but I'm persevering.
    I have always fed 2hrly roughly during the day as she does better on this than 3-4hrly feeds (exclusively breastfed). She has been happy to stretch out her feeds to at least 3hrly during the day but I think that's not helping so yesterday and today I've made sure to feed around 2hrly. She's been a delight today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyMa View Post
    I've breastfed to sleep since about 4mo - worked perfectly. Although not ideal, I did what worked for my baby. I stopped 3 weeks ago at 20mo as it no longer worked...

Feed until they sleep, then when you think they're asleep - could to 100 to make sure I also found rolling off the boob and into bed on his side was better then popping boob out of the mouth then placing babe on his back.. The fluid motion was more effective.
    This is where I get scared.. Currently feed my 8 month old
    To sleep. Works most of the time but I feel like it takes a lot longer than if she went to sleep on her own. Don't want to do CIO. How is your 20 month old doing now? Seems a long time to do that.. Also I'll be going back to work soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksie5000 View Post
    To sleep. Works most of the time but I feel like it takes a lot longer than if she went to sleep on her own. Don't want to do CIO. How is your 20 month old doing now? Seems a long time to do that.. Also I'll be going back to work soon.
    Why does it scare you? Its the biological NORM.

I'm currently feeding my 3rd baby to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fed to sleep until my DS was well over 2. He sleeps on his own now. Sleeps through (mostly).

He needed it. Some kids do and some kids don't. Please don't be scared to do it. You are not forming bad habits. Your baby just might need the extra comfort at bedtime and that is ok.

I am pregnant with my 2nd. I will do the same as I did with my 1st - do what my bub needs. Be it feeding to sleep, patting to sleep or just leaving bub to fall asleep happily on their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I fed to sleep until my DS was well over 2. He sleeps on his own now. Sleeps through (mostly).

He needed it. Some kids do and some kids don't. Please don't be scared to do it. You are not forming bad habits. Your baby just might need the extra comfort at bedtime and that is ok.

I am pregnant with my 2nd. I will do the same as I did with my 1st - do what my bub needs. Be it feeding to sleep, patting to sleep or just leaving bub to fall asleep happily on their own.
    Yeah I'm by too worried about it, she's a happy baby but she has reflux so feeding isn't always the best. I just worry what's going k happen when I go back to work. She settles in the pram but by MIL refuses to take her for walks.. She used to take a bottle and sleep for other people with patting but refuses the bottle now .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm by too worried about it, she's a happy baby but she has reflux so feeding isn't always the best. I just worry what's going k happen when I go back to work. She settles in the pram but by MIL refuses to take her for walks.. She used to take a bottle and sleep for other people with patting but refuses the bottle now .
    My DS puts himself to sleep at childcare. Always has. They usually adapt when we are not there