Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Teething???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've stretched her awake time out to 2-2.5hrs. In the afternoon it's often 3hrs awake time before bed so it's definitely not that she's not tired enough. If anything I'm wondering if she needs it back to 2hrs. I tried Panadol overnight in case of teething didn't help. She also doesn't seem unwell. She was up last night 7:30, 8:30 then 11-1am so I put her in bed with me at 1, woke again at 4:30, and up for the day at 6. She's gone from sleeping 12-13hrs no fuss for the past 3-4 months (1-3 feeds and straight back to sleep) to last few nights 7-8hrs very broken and unhappy sleep.
    I even tried sleeping with the lamp on so she could see me in the bed 1m from her before I put her in bed with me. She's been up since 6am and had 2hrs sleep the whole day. Today I've tried feeding more frequently to see if that helps overnight. If this continues then I'm going to get a referral to our state residential program. Broken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very late 4mth sleep regression?? Did she go through that??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ear infection?? Try nurofen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have advice since I am struggling big time to get DS to nap. Sorry for thread crashing as you mentioned CIO. I am against CIO but maybe I am too over protective? I read a book saying some babies fuss to nap. A little bit of crying won't harm. So where to draw the line?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Very late 4mth sleep regression?? Did she go through that??
    She's 5 months corrected only yesterday. It's possible that's for sure. I thought we may have gone through that with 2-3 unsettled very chatty nights about 6 weeks ago. So maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Ear infection?? Try nurofen.
    I don't think so as she's not screaming, doesn't appear to be in pain just doesn't want to sleep and has learnt to do that whingey cry 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I don't have advice since I am struggling big time to get DS to nap. Sorry for thread crashing as you mentioned CIO. I am against CIO but maybe I am too over protective? I read a book saying some babies fuss to nap. A little bit of crying won't harm. So where to draw the line?
    I am not going to do cio or cc. I don't run the instant she makes a sound but if she's grizzling/crying I'm there with her either settling or cuddling. For me cio or cc wouldn't be productive for my kind of parenting. If I ever get to her and she has little tears coming out my heart shatters to pieces. I'd rather ride the hard times out but I understand lots of people say it suited them.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (27-12-2015),ScubaGal  (27-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I know this night sound counter productive, as you're desperate for her to sleep as much as possible so you can too, but do you wake her at the same time each morning?

What does a 'typical' day look like for your bub?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (27-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    She's 5 months corrected only yesterday. It's possible that's for sure. I thought we may have gone through that with 2-3 unsettled very chatty nights about 6 weeks ago. So maybe.
    That maybe it then Hun. DD had a golden sleep period of only two wake ups from 2-3 months and then as soon as 4 months hit she was up hourly. Sometimes 45 minutes. I rode the worst of it out with a bit of co sleeping ( I know your DD doesn't like that ) and then just reduced all my day plans to allow me to recoup. I threw the diary out and just took each day at a time. If it meant all i did all week was sleep till 12 and potter up my local high street then that's all I did. I've also discovered the joy of letting my house get a little messy ( oh how liberating! ). I'm usually one with the OCD about a tidy house and MUST have social plans booked in advance but with so little sleep my LO was making me bone tired. It's damage control.

We've slowly clawed our way back from hourly wake ups at 4 months and even 5 months to 4 hour stretches and 8am wakeups in the UK now. It's just a phase if it's the regression and it does get better. I truly believe i do just have a poor sleeper tho and that's just the hand I got dealt unfortunately.

As for @bbhope's CIO.. As I mentioned earlier ( sorry, can't remember what thread ) I'm fiercely against CIO. But I've been watching her while I lie next to her in bed and she's definitely needing about 5 mins to cry and go to sleep. There are even a few tears. It's been a real learning curve for me. It's not all the time but if she's defo tired and just transitioning herself. She kind of cries, adjusts to get comfy, cries and adjusts and then peacefully sleeps. At home I would have rushed to pick her up as soon as i saw tears but lying next to her I can be just as close without disturbing her method and it's fascinating.

The caveat being tho that i think at 6 months she's only just getting the ability to self settle without distress now and I'm lying right next to her without touching her. A month ago i wouldn't have let her cry for 5 minutes.

Any younger than 6 months for my bub would have been cruel I feel. Instinct is telling me she's ready now and it's her way of going to sleep 60% of the time.

As soon as I'm back in Oz I may try having her in the cot with my hand just on her and let her cry for a max of 5 mins.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Not sure if any it that helps or not but thought worth sharing. I'm having a few 'Ah ha!' moments here in the UK!