+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    My baby was exactly the same, its the reason i started co sleeping because he would be be waking every 2 hours for a feed for many months. Have you got a baby carrier like a hugabub? That might help her sleep during the day and once she's asleep you could try transitioning her to the cot. Or a swing? We had a fisher price my lil lamb swing which was great.
    I have the Ergo carrier. I may have to resort to that and then transfer. She's a big girl tho and my knees are suffering. At 5.5mths I feel like using an Ergo to do day naps is going backwards after having her fall asleep in the chair only two weeks ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If she's takes a bottle maybe feeding her a bottle while she's in the cot might help as she wouldn't need to be moved after getting drowsy from the feed.

I did try this once with my DD and it didn't work though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    If she's takes a bottle maybe feeding her a bottle while she's in the cot might help as she wouldn't need to be moved after getting drowsy from the feed.

I did try this once with my DD and it didn't work though
    She won't take a bottle. Currently trying to introduce one very gently during her awake time. She flat out refuses to try when she's tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've breastfed to sleep since about 4mo - worked perfectly. Although not ideal, I did what worked for my baby. I stopped 3 weeks ago at 20mo as it no longer worked...

Feed until they sleep, then when you think they're asleep - could to 100 to make sure 😜 I also found rolling off the boob and into bed on his side was better then popping boob out of the mouth then placing babe on his back.. The fluid motion was more effective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read an article on floor beds. Basically you take the mattress out of the cot and they sleep on that on the floor. Means you don't have to try and put them down into the cot. Apparently the downwards movement triggers their falling reflex and wakes them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end :( attachment parenting advice pls

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyMa View Post
    I've breastfed to sleep since about 4mo - worked perfectly. Although not ideal, I did what worked for my baby. I stopped 3 weeks ago at 20mo as it no longer worked...

Feed until they sleep, then when you think they're asleep - could to 100 to make sure 😜 I also found rolling off the boob and into bed on his side was better then popping boob out of the mouth then placing babe on his back.. The fluid motion was more effective.
    Thank you. Last week we fed to sleep in the rocking chair and then I transferred no problem. This week she falls asleep then wakes up again a few mins later. She's clearly now drinking to much to comfort suck as is getting wind and hiccups and is being sick when I pick her up and jiggle her. Feeding for an hour on and off at her age just isn't good for her it seems..

It's like last week she got the memo about feeding to sleep but this week she's playing games and just being greedy.
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 08-12-2015 at 18:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also. Is it considered normal for a baby to cry in general before they fall asleep? Held or otherwise? Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes a lot of babies cry before going to sleep.

Perhaps 2 hours is just too long an awake time for her? I would drop down to 1.5

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amiracle4me looks like it's the day for it hey 😢
    I don't have an issue getting mine to sleep. I had a sleep consultant out a few months ago and our going to bed routine works to get her to sleep. If I'm home all sleeps are in her cot - she too doesn't like co-sleeping. Dark room, white noise up loud (rainfall sounds), wrap or love to dream swaddle, quick cuddle say sleepy time A and pop in cot. Awake. Time it right - 1.5-2.5hrs awake time depending on time of day and previous sleeps, tired signs etc. at the advice of child health nurse we put large rubber wheels on the cot and if she's unsettled we push the cot back and forth and while doing that she generally calms. If she's calm I then leave her to put herself to sleep. If not I continue to push the cot til she's very drowsy or asleep. This is the only settling method other than feeding to sleep that works for us. We just screwed the wheels into the legs of the cot. Big big hugs. I totally lost it today. I know we both went through the ivf roller coaster which adds another dimension. PM me if you need to chat xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Yes a lot of babies cry before going to sleep.

Perhaps 2 hours is just too long an awake time for her? I would drop down to 1.5
    Thanks.. We've been 1.5 for ages but she was crying even more so spreading it out seems to have lessened it.