+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    lol! I would have said hello just to pass the time waiting in the line! I wouldn't think not too. I think I may be the person you guys are all avoiding! Lol!
    I'm starting to think I'm that person too and I'd always considered myself rather unsociable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd probably say hello but wouldn't think someone rude if they didn't.
    This sort of reminds me of when I saw a nurse I'd met once and we locked eyes and smiled and she said, "Remind me of how I know you?" and I said " You took a stent out via my urethra a couple of weeks ago. I'm surprised you remember my face at all!".
    And then I died. I really shouldn't be allowed out in public.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (08-12-2015),BettyW  (08-12-2015),GlitterFarts  (08-12-2015),HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015),J37  (08-12-2015),LoveLivesHere  (08-12-2015),Mad84  (08-12-2015),Summer  (08-12-2015),Tiny Dancer  (08-12-2015),~Marigold~  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    This sort of reminds me of when I saw a nurse I'd met once and we locked eyes and smiled and she said, "Remind me of how I know you?" and I said " You took a stent out via my urethra a couple of weeks ago. I'm surprised you remember my face at all!".
    Bahahaha 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't seek her out to say hi ... But if she turned and saw you I would've.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No i wouldnt have said anything. Im a really busy person generally and talking to my 3 young kids is enough at times, throw in the general small talk with other mums at kindy, at school, at gymnastics & swimming, plus family and friends and im cooked. I do not have anymore of "me" left. And if im ever lucky enough to go anywhere without having to drag the kids along then nope i will relish the moment i dont have to speak to anyone or anyone to me. I used to until the other person then decided we are now best friends all of a sudden and really - they arent someone id have as a friend to begin with as we are very different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yes you should!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bet she loved your response!! Most nurses I know have a wicked sense of humour!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am a chatterbox and will talk to anyone at anytime about anything. But 2 of my kids have social anxiety so I have learnt to tone it down when I am with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't have said hi either. I would have stood there debating whether to say hi, and playing out all possible scenarios, and by the time I finished analysing the situation she probably would have already left and I would have been completely flustered.

Or alternatively, I just wouldn't have noticed. I've been told that I've snobbed really close friends or family at the shops before. I honestly just don't see them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Also, I made light of it with @Moxy because I know how similar we are and also having a sense of humour about our social anxiety can make me feel less of a leper or freak amongst the *normal* "civilised" social butterflies 😃
    Oi. I'm normal. In a "don't speak to me, I'm not a fan of people, really rather be a hermit" kinda way.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015),Tiny Dancer  (08-12-2015),~Marigold~  (08-12-2015)