+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    When I shop with my mum she stops to talk to everyone, including random strangers...drives me mental!!
    Same with my Mum!! Drives me insane! Maybe it's a generational thing, I don't know, but honestly, the conversations she has with check out attendants, you'd swear they were long lost besties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    And here I was questioning if I was a bit awful for not saying anything - I feel much better about it now!

She was actually really nice when I initially met her, but it wasn't like we had a big conversation, or established a connection that would warrant going out of my way to greet her.

Plus I've always felt (from past experiences) that I'm not a highly memorable person! I'm the type that gets told 'nice to meet you', when the person has met you a couple of times previously. I have a slight social complex in that respect
    I have the same complex.

Maybe if you wear your drop crotch overalls everywhere you'd be more memorable? 😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    I have the same complex.

Maybe if you wear your drop crotch overalls everywhere you'd be more memorable? 😘
    I wore them when I got petrol a few weeks ago and the lady behind the counter totally threw shade at me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Same with my Mum!! Drives me insane! Maybe it's a generational thing, I don't know, but honestly, the conversations she has with check out attendants, you'd swear they were long lost besties.
    Ditto times a million!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Nope. I avoid eye contact and then silently high five myself when interaction is avoided. I o this even with people I've met on several occasions.
    Hahaha this is me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lol! I would have said hello just to pass the time waiting in the line! I wouldn't think not too. I think I may be the person you guys are all avoiding! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If I made eye contact, yes I'd say "hi how are you?"

But if not, no... last thing I want is conversation during errands!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am genuinely stunned, and a little depressed, by the answers above.
    Isn't social interaction part of the rich tapestry of a civilised, polite society?
    For my part, I generally enjoy talking to others, whether I know them well or not. But it seems I am in the minority, which saddens me a bit.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I am genuinely stunned, and a little depressed, by the answers above.
    Isn't social interaction part of the rich tapestry of a civilised, polite society?
    For my part, I generally enjoy talking to others, whether I know them well or not. But it seems I am in the minority, which saddens me a bit.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It's different for those with social anxiety. It's not about not *wanting* to interact or being impolite, it is deeper than that. Also, for those of us who suffer from social anxiety, the thought that we will be judged for coming across as rude, impolite or snobby is overwhelming and makes it worse and magnifies the negative thoughts for us. For eg, if you bumped into me on a bad day I might act flustered, disinterested and come across as abrupt; when in actual fact I'm all too aware and dying inside. Those are the times I'd rather duck for cover than stop for a chat. The fear of people thinking negatively of me sometimes outweighs my desire to partake in being social.
    It's crippling and exhausting at times. I'm not that way all the time, but when I am, it's a very low feeling.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015),LoveLivesHere  (08-12-2015),Moxy  (08-12-2015),MrsMummaButterfly  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I made light of it with @Moxy because I know how similar we are and also having a sense of humour about our social anxiety can make me feel less of a leper or freak amongst the *normal* "civilised" social butterflies 😃

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015),MrsMummaButterfly  (08-12-2015)