+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I wonder why we are all like this?

I'm this way because I'm terrible at small talk. I can't even talk to people I know properly.
    "Oh hi Balfour, how have you been? How are the kids?"
    I stand there puzzled and then "Kids? I don't have any."

Why did I say that? I don't know. I've got two of them with me. This is awkward. This is why I don't do this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Balfour For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (08-12-2015),JR03  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope, wouldn't say hello. Unless it's someone I know well I really can't be bothered with small talk. If they were an exceptionally nice person who I had an interest in striking up a friendship with, I might. But otherwise, no. Wouldn't cross my mind to talk to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bahaha this thread is cracking me up. I actively avoid situations like that.

Hey, we met this one time, I'm so and so.
    Oh really?
    Yeah you work with my hubby.
    Oh right. How are you?
    Yeah good. You?
    Good...
    *run away*

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (08-12-2015),Balfour  (08-12-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (08-12-2015),Moxy  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Bahaha this thread is cracking me up. I actively avoid situations like that.

Hey, we met this one time, I'm so and so.
    Oh really?
    Yeah you work with my hubby.
    Oh right. How are you?
    Yeah good. You?
    Good...
    *run away*
    Yep....aaaaawkward!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And here I was questioning if I was a bit awful for not saying anything - I feel much better about it now!

She was actually really nice when I initially met her, but it wasn't like we had a big conversation, or established a connection that would warrant going out of my way to greet her.

Plus I've always felt (from past experiences) that I'm not a highly memorable person! I'm the type that gets told 'nice to meet you', when the person has met you a couple of times previously. I have a slight social complex in that respect

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (08-12-2015),MrsMummaButterfly  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd avoid any kind of conversation if it's someone I don't know well. I even try and avoid them striking up a conversation with me!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm with everyone else on this, I'd just avoid her and be happy afterwards that she didn't see me.

Like others, I'm a bit socially awkward and loathe small talk. If I bump into a good friend I'm happy to have a chat but if it's an acquaintance I go out of my way to avoid them, and it's got nothing to do with whether I like them or not, I feel really rude sometimes because I'll avoid nice people all because I can't do small talk 😕

The worst is when you get caught avoiding someone and have to use the old 'I didn't see you there' excuse, I always feel like they know I'm lying and I feel quite idiotic; and then I think why didn't I just say hello like a normal person in the first place 🤔

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have done the same. I hate chatting to people in shops! Can't be bothered, just want to get what I'm there for and get out! And I'm a people person, not awkward, and can do small talk. I'm just busy. When I shop with my mum she stops to talk to everyone, including random strangers...drives me mental!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    I would have done the same. I hate chatting to people in shops! Can't be bothered, just want to get what I'm there for and get out! And I'm a people person, not awkward, and can do small talk. I'm just busy. When I shop with my mum she stops to talk to everyone, including random strangers...drives me mental!!
    I think we are the same person! Haha my mum is like that too, when we visit my home town it takes hours to go shopping, as she knows everyone in town!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I would not have said anything at all. I would have avoided all eye contact as well.

I like to talk to a little people as possible.