+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 3 birthd all very quick I'm currently 20 weeks with number 4. And because I know live a fare distance to a hospital it has been decided I will be induced earlier, this way I should have to deliver in the car kms from the nearest town

Thanks
    Reviews
    My labour with DS2 was quick - first 'painful' contraction to baby under three hours. Barely made it to hosp as they told me to take panadol and go back to bed and rest hahahaha. That experience combined with my history of bleeding & 2 toddlers at home had me worried for a quick #3.

I spoke with my OB and the midwives and we agreed that as I had zero build up (2mins apart straight away) that this time I'd call hosp as soon as I had 20mins of contractions and that ph call would be 'letting u know I'm on my way' - not asking lol. they must have good communication amongst the middies as when I rang, they looked at my file and said 'oh yes head on in'. I was 5cm when I got there and bub arrived 1hr later (about 2hrs all up). Doc missed it but it all went really well - much calmer and more in control than DS2s labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're private you could talk about getting induced earlier (however running the risk of baby not being "ready" and also the induction failing) or you could just ensure that you head in straight away once the contractions start.

If public they probably won't induce you just because of the quick labours, but again will say to come in once the contractions start.

3rd babies sometimes screw around a bit so you could find that you're having contractions, get told you're in early labour and the early labour part last a couple of hours and then it all goes full steam ahead quite quickly.

For women that have had babies before and have a history of quick labours and come in early labour - I usually just tell them to go for a walk around the Birth Suite, hospital, outside for some fresh air etc and give it a good 4 hours of them being there before re-assessing and considering sending them home.

I find either labour establishes within those 4 hours or it completely fizzles out.

Don't forget there's always the option of calling an ambulance to bring you to hospital if you're unsure if you're going to make it - much safer option than either your partner speeding to get there or a roadside birth by yourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Quick deliveries what happens next time

I had a birth kit at home just incase I couldn't make it to the car or gave birth on the road (my first birth was only 1.5hr labour) but ended up being admitted for a different reason and went into labour at the hospital (spontaneously). The labour was another fast one- 2 hours. My plan was to go to hospital as soon as I had any regular contractions or call an ambulance if they came too fast to move. I also had my doula very close by.