+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Home/workplace conveniences

Just a topic of general chatter - what businesses/facilities of convenience do you appreciate where you live and/or work?

I love that my office is close to a post office, general store, bakery and bottle shop. It's also easy to get a good coffee (though I don't often treat myself to it).

Two places I wished were near my office - a butcher and a chemist!

At home we are not close to anything, but being nestled in suburbia means it's quite peaceful. Accessing anything convenient involves a short car trip, which is fine. I lived within a short distance to an IGA at my previous house and I must admit it was really handy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm very lucky - at work we are in between the bottle shop and a great chemist and my butcher , IGA and a great Cafe are 2 doors down! At home we are a few minutes from my fruit shop and organic shop and GP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Near home for me (that I regularly use) I have a coffee shop (that is good!) A bakery, corner shop, my local dr (so convenient to have the dr so close), some takeaway shops (fish & chips, and 2 thai places). That is a 10 minute walk from home.

10 minute walk a different way is a fruit and veg shop thats fabulous. 5 mins more walk takes me to my local library.

About a 15-20 walk in a similar direction there is another bakery (this is the best one in the area) another corner store and a few other shops.

Near my work is not much to be honest. Apart from a merlo store (where I regularly buy beans) and a baby store. Which I frequent a lot now I am pregnant.

I walk a lot around my local area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am close to everything with home and work. Woolies, chemist, dentist, school, butcher, fabric shop etc are all a 15/20mins walk or a 5mins bus trip. We have maccas and pizza open til late or 24hrs over the weekends when we usually get takeaway at work. Its good. I do want to move though, away from where we currently are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    At home I'm on the same street as doctors x 3 ( they all have pathologists attached to them), dentist, physio, IGA, newsagent, optometrist, chiro, bakery and takeaway shops, post office, tax agent and bank.

Near work I'm next to a cafe x 2 , dermatologists x 3.. I can't list it all but there's a lot and then a major shopping centre a 2 minute bus ride down the road.

I don't have a licence so it is all a god send to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Near work- it is an Italian area so guaranteed a good coffee and food.

Home- we just moved here so nothing so far

ETA: actually there is a medical+dental centre within walking distance of our home that I just love!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Home/workplace conveniences

I love that I can catch the train to work with DS and have a two minute walk to his day care which is in the building next to my work. Sometimes if I look out of a meeting room window I can see him playing in the sand pit. I have a food court, ATM, newsagent and two chemists underneath the building
    Last edited by Pumpkin1106; 07-12-2015 at 18:42.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I work at a uni which is pretty much it's own town - coffee shops, post office, banks, bakery, bookshop, convience store, bar etc. I really only buy coffee though!

At home we are near a pretty good strip of shops - small supermarket, butcher, cafes etc...it could do with a proper bakery and a bigger supermarket though.

Oh we need a much bigger drs though. The one nearby is so small you can't get in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Home. We are near nothing... its a 15 minute drive to a corner store. There is a bad woollies 20 mins drive but I rarely go there. A decent supermarket/butcher/chemist is 35 mins. The school is around 30. The Dr is 50 mins there a heap between us and them but prefer them so go the extra mile.

I love where we live. It quiet and bushy without being in the bush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where I used to work was opposite a shopping centre, in a main regional town. We had walking access to everything. Post office, suoermarkets, beauty therapists, gyms, cafes, pubs, everything.

Where I live now I can walk to what I need (post office, Coles, kinder), but it's about a 25 minute round trip and the walk back is up an enormously steep hill. Seriously, it's almost vertical near the top. Given that, I don't walk because I always have a child with me or I really just CBFd. I'd end up covered in sweat on the walk back. It's a good hill for my dog walking but that's it.

I have 2 shopping centers and everything I'd need within a 10 minute drive. The only thing we lack is a decent pub. The ones near us are pretty feral. Oh, and a good Vietnamese restaurant. I used to love walking distance to great restaurants when I lived in the inner city. I wish we had a really good Viet restaurant near us.