+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetrician recommendations? - Sydney Mater or North Shore Private

Hi all,
    Have seen some reviews of obstetricians but some reviews are a bit old now so looking for more current reviews / recommendations. Am looking for an ob that does either North Shore Private or Mater or both in Sydney (still deciding on hospital too). I have a short list that includes:
    - Dr Sean Seeho *
    - Dr Steven Tan *
    - Dr Chris Smith
    - Dr Michael van der Griend *
    - Had Dr Vijay Roach but he will be away near due date
    - Dr Hugh Torode
    - Dr Anne McGibbon

Guess it's not such a short list after all! Am very confused, can't decide, 1st pregnancy. Looking for someone very approachable, happy to answer questions, caring personality, contactable - don't want anyone that's arrogant or impatient. Also seeking experience with patients who have had IVF complications / older woman and C-sections. Too much to ask?!?!? The ones I am considering the most I have asterixed. But open to recommendations and very keen to hear opinions. Some of these also appear a fair bit more expensive than others too.

Thanks for your experiences in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jasmin1

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I have had friends have babies in both hospitals and both my nieces were born at the Mater. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the doctors that work out of them. My girlfriend had Dr Roach so I'm afraid that I can't help you. I'm pregnant with number 2 and we have decided to go public rather than go to the SAN where we went last time as I was also older (37 and had a c-section) but this time funds dictate we go to Hornsby. Good luck in your search.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I highly recommend Dr Chris Smith at the north Shore private. I have never met a doctor that will go that extra mile for his patients like he does.

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dr Alastair Morris at NSP was absolutely amazing managing DPs miscarriage and D&C. If we were going private we would choose him for sure. He's so lovely and reassuring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jasmin1

Dr Michael van der Griend works at both hospitals you are looking at. I saw Michael with my first pregnancy where I was not sure of which hospital to go to. He recommended NSP as he works above the delivery suite and would be able to pop in regularly during the day when in I would be in labour. We went with NSP and found it was a great choice.
    I found Michael to be really approachable with a very caring personality and relaxed style. He is very honest and is really respectful of any decisions you make regarding your pregnancy or birth options. I gave birth to my son via emergency C-section almost 3 years ago and I had De Sean Seeho assisting Michael. He was lovely too.
    I am seeing Michael for my current pregnancy and would not consider any other OB. I have seen Michael for a previous pregnancy which ended with a termination for medical reasons and I found him to be an extremely caring and understanding person.