+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That **** happens then good stuff happens then **** happens again. Who cares as long as you have people you love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2015 has been both the most difficult & most amazing year of my life, so this will be a little bit all over the place (kind of like my mind lol). But the past 12 months have taught me:

• that I can't rely on others to be my strength - I am the one person I need to depend on.
    • that no matter how much you love someone or how hard you try, you'll just never be enough for some people. Some people will only ever see the one negative out of all the positives & that's their issue not mine.
    • that letting go of the picture in your head of the way things should be is really hard.
    • that I have have only a handful of friends, but they are absolutely amazing people who have become more like family to me and my kids. I am totally grateful for them.
    • that homebirth is amazing & I wish I knew that it was an option with my older babies.
    • that being a single mum of 3 kids is a juggling act that I'm still trying to figure out.
    • that just the thought of returning to work with a 5 month old bf baby fills me with anxiety

And I am still trying to teach myself:

• that I don't need to be supermum & some days just keeping 3 tiny humans alive is good enough.
    • that I need to stop letting negative thoughts consume me.

Gosh I'm looking forward to 2016!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2015 has taught me that I can make all the plans I want for the future but God's plan may be very different. It has also taught me how very blessed I am.

2015 had us finding out we were expecting a suprise baby #5 against all odds. My plans (and mindset) has already moved on to the next stage of our lives that didn't include babies and it took me a while to adjust to this news. I am still somewhat coming to terms with it but during this time I have realized how truly blessed I am. I have a loving Husband, 4 beautiful healthy Son's and are surrounded by extended family most could only dream of. These are the things that matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Firstly I learned that in the blink of an eye your life can be turned upside down. My DD was diagnosed with cancer which is pretty much a parent's worst nightmare. But I also learned that I can cope and stay brave for DD.

I learned that my relationship with DP is rock solid. Going through DD's illness has brought us closer together and we can cope with an incredible amount of stress and still be ok. We had sold the house and settlement was two weeks away when DD got diagnosed. We debated whether to go ahead with buying something, and ultimately decided to push on with buying so that we didn't have to rent. We did rent back our sold house after settlement though, for a while. It was so stressful organising our new home loan, packing, moving etc, all while managing DD's chemo treatments and extra hospital stays. She has about 5 months left of treatment, but it's less stressful now that we've moved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Firstly I learned that in the blink of an eye your life can be turned upside down. My DD was diagnosed with cancer which is pretty much a parent's worst nightmare. But I also learned that I can cope and stay brave for DD.

I learned that my relationship with DP is rock solid. Going through DD's illness has brought us closer together and we can cope with an incredible amount of stress and still be ok. We had sold the house and settlement was two weeks away when DD got diagnosed. We debated whether to go ahead with buying something, and ultimately decided to push on with buying so that we didn't have to rent. We did rent back our sold house after settlement though, for a while. It was so stressful organising our new home loan, packing, moving etc, all while managing DD's chemo treatments and extra hospital stays. She has about 5 months left of treatment, but it's less stressful now that we've moved.
    Omg Hollywood I haven't read about your DD before. I am so sorry. Sending you and your DD so much love and so much healing. I pray all is perfect and clear for 2016🙏🏼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This year has been one of the most significant years for me personally, aside from the years I had my babies of course.

I have learnt... That no matter what your back ground is, where you come from, what level of schooling you have finished, or what limited belief you have in yourself, you can achieve your dreams. Hard work and dedication are so powerful and for the first time in my life, I have belief in myself as a woman. And that is pretty damn special

2015 has been one of the best years of my life and I'm looking forward to what 2016 has to bring xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Omg Hollywood I haven't read about your DD before. I am so sorry. Sending you and your DD so much love and so much healing. I pray all is perfect and clear for 2016🙏🏼
    Thanks @LoCo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2015 has taught me-
    - the mind is a powerful thing.
    - I can achieve anything I want if I put in the hard work. 31kgs down didn't happen overnight but with every tiny decision.
    - that being 4 1/2 is really tough. Watching my sweet boy play Jekyll and Hyde this year has been tricky!
    - that 1 1/2 is the best age for babies ever. And that the little boy I thought I wouldn't bond with fills my heart with joy every single day.
    - that my DH is human. And a lot more fragile than I knew. He needs nurturing just as much as I do, possibly more.
    - to be a less selfish partner.
    - that a funny lady on the Internet can become a wonderful friend and confidant.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2015 has taught me how far my patience can truly stretch....!