+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default faint positive, could be false?

Hey guys.

I tested positive today with a cheapie ebay dip test. I'm due for my period this week. Was basically wondering how accurate these tests can be?

I've only tested positive twice before, the first was for my almost 3yo son, and the second was a week before miscarrying this August.

I tend to test every month through precaution as i have lupus so i need to know if i need to stop my meds asap... but this is the first positive cheapie.

Kind of bewildered and freaking out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't like cheapies in general tbh they're the least likely to catch it early. I'd suggest grab a FRER now that you've got reason to suspect. If it shows on an IC then it will def show on a frer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    False positives are very rare though. Usually it's human error rather than an actual false pos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I don't like cheapies in general tbh they're the least likely to catch it early. I'd suggest grab a FRER now that you've got reason to suspect. If it shows on an IC then it will def show on a frer
    ^^ This. FRER in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Maybe go and get some bloods done xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tested with another cheapie this morning, and it's another faint positive :-/ if one false positive is rare, then 2 in a row must be nearly impossible.

We were going to buy a brand first response test on wednesday, just in case it would be too early for one of those atm.

I'll definitely be making a doctor's appointment though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should probably mention it was a stronger positive today. Yesterday was a shadow of a line. Today was a definite light pink line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you've got a line on an IC you will definitely get a line on a frer. They're more sensitive. I wouldn't wait to buy that frer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Super positive on a brand test. The line is darker than the control!!! I guess that answers that lol
    Attached Images

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uncertainwaters For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (12-12-2015),DT75  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default faint positive, could be false?

Last edited by Just*Ace; 02-01-2016 at 18:13.