+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nearly 4 weeks late and BFN

Hi,
    I'm posting here because I can't go to the doctor till tomorrow and I wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. I'm really stressed out and confused.

I am 24 days late for my period, and I went to the doctor when I was one week late and got a negative blood test. All HPT's I've taken are negative also. I would have accepted that I was definitely not pregnant until speaking to a family member a few days ago, finding out that she had a negative blood test and negative HPT's till later in her pregnancy, which turned out to be false negatives, she ended up having a successful pregnancy.

Apart from my missed period, the reason I thought I was definitely pregnant, was because my boobs were swollen and sore and blue veins were noticeable, right to my nipples, but I thought it could be just hormones. Ive had this for a few weeks.

But now, coming up to my second missed period, I'm confused and wondering If I am pregnant and getting false negatives?

I've had some tiredness that's unusual from my normal tiredness, as a shift worker I'm always tired but this is a different tiredness, it's like I could fall asleep on the spot if I let myself, and my eyes sting even after I've rested.

I've had 2 occasions of heartburn, some nausea and Ive turned off certain foods, and also, certain foods taste different than usual.

I've had some mild aching around my ovary area, both sides but I would call it painful, and yesterday and last night I had what felt like period pains but it's gone today and still no period.

The other thing is my fingernails, which are now have grown long and are very strong and healthy, I've only ever had that while pregnant.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and how it turned out.

If it wasn't for the BFN's I would definitely think I was pregnant.
    Last edited by Sherry07; 06-12-2015 at 08:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    There is a point at which too much HCG will cause a false negative so it's possible. But other possibilities are endometriosis or PCOS so you'll really need to see your doctor for an answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar issue a while back. I went off the pill (not that you've said that, but just for background info), had a normal period for three months and then nothing.
    I had signs that suggested I was pregnant but each test I took said no. Was so frustrating! It took about 10 months to get my period back and no one could tell me why.
    Not trying to be negative if you're wanting a baby, and I could be way off, but just FYI as this was my experience. I'm 34 weeks pregnant now though so it wasn't a permanent issue! Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I should add I had what I thought were pregnancy symptoms but I think they were just hormone issues. Since being pregnant I've now figured out that they were quite different. But everyone is different so who knows!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister didn't test positive on any test till she was 20 weeks so it is possible! Have a stalk through the forums, it's a lot more common than you think.