+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    My rules are 8-8. I know my neighbour's kids are asleep until 8am so I respect that, just as they respect that their kids to bed later than ours, and keep their kids quiet for us. Previous neighbours it was 7-7 as they were early risers and early to bed. We live in an inner city suburb, so we all live close to each other...therefore it's nice to be considerate and respectful of each other. If my kids are all up early in summer and eager to get out we just head down to the beach for an early morning swim...they can be as loud as they want then.
    I wish you were my neighbour! As soon as daylight savings kick in our neighbours very noisy children are out playing at 6am in the morning and out till 9pm at night. My girls like a sleep in and 730pm bedtime which is hard when they are screaming (fighting one another) constantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had to think of it! We live out of town and the cows don't care what time we make noise. But, our son isn't allowed out of bed until 7 anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We live on a farm so no neighbour issues, though my kids sleep till 730 so no chance they'd be outside till 830 at earliest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I wish you were my neighbour! As soon as daylight savings kick in our neighbours very noisy children are out playing at 6am in the morning and out till 9pm at night. My girls like a sleep in and 730pm bedtime which is hard when they are screaming (fighting one another) constantly.
    That really sucks. Are they approachable at all? I would be asking them if they could keep their kids in until 7.30 on weekends at least. That's not an unreasonable request.
    I pull my kids in at any time of the day if they start fighting, because who wants to listen to that?
    I am lucky that all my neighbours have always been really respectful. It makes for peaceful living.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    8am, 9am Sundays. My kids are up and out of the house by 7:25 three days a week on the days I work so usually we just chill on the other days taking our time.

We have neighbours all around, 2 quite older ones next door. I think it's rude to be out early in the mornings but that's only because my kids (especially my son) is so loud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pretty much do the 8-8 rule as well. Although if they do go out at 8am, I make sure they play quietly until about 9am. We live in a unit block though, so I guess that's a bit different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree that between 8:00am - 8:00pm is fair when you live in suburbia.

A bit of consideration for neighbours goes a long way, especially if your kids play with noisy things like bouncing basketballs or skateboard ramps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm. My kids are up at 5 and on work/ daycare days we're out the door by 7. I would stop DS riding his cozy coupe on the bricks early in the morning because of the noise but would let him play outside without too much concern. That said we live on a kinda busy street and cyclists often come past in packs super early and they are *noisy*.

I've noticed though that in SEQ (or at least the Gold and Sunshine Coasts) people are up and about early. If you go out at 6am in summer there are people everywhere (we don't have daylight saving). A few years ago I was in Sydney in summer and couldn't believe how quiet it was in the early morning, seemed like people didn't leave their houses til 9. All this is to say that what's appropriate might depend on where you live.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Hmm. My kids are up at 5 and on work/ daycare days we're out the door by 7. I would stop DS riding his cozy coupe on the bricks early in the morning because of the noise but would let him play outside without too much concern. That said we live on a kinda busy street and cyclists often come past in packs super early and they are *noisy*.

I've noticed though that in SEQ (or at least the Gold and Sunshine Coasts) people are up and about early. If you go out at 6am in summer there are people everywhere (we don't have daylight saving). A few years ago I was in Sydney in summer and couldn't believe how quiet it was in the early morning, seemed like people didn't leave their houses til 9. All this is to say that what's appropriate might depend on where you live.
    I agree with this. When we holiday in QLD we're all out and about at 6am - 6.30am...because by that time you've already been up for 2 hours and it's hot and everyone is up by then anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not before 9am. We live in an estate so houses are pretty close together and the kids are loud. They usually don't go out until later in the afternoon though (around 4pm) because they find it too hot, but they stay out until about 7. Almost every house in our street and the streets around us have kids and they all follow the same sort of time for outside play.