+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    I'm so glad you asked this!

Silly question, but what is the reason you have to stop feeding if your cycle is back? Or is it the meds passing you bubs?

If the latter, maybe you could keep expressing.

Lots of hormones passes into the baby

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

ilex  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    That depends on the clinic. Admittedly my last IVF cycle was a few years ago but at the clinic I was at you had to have your cycle back.
    I guess each clinic has different rules. Mine did a blood test and I hadn't ovulated yet. I just had to take provera and bring one on to start a full stim cycle.

Is it a frozen transfer or full stim cycle OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you can I'd express if you want to keep the supply up. One issue you might face, however, is whether baby will actually want to resume breastfeeding. A month is a long time and there's a possibility that bub will be used to the bottle and literally not want to breastfeed again.

How old is your bub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I'm so glad you asked this!

Silly question, but what is the reason you have to stop feeding if your cycle is back? Or is it the meds passing you bubs?

If the latter, maybe you could keep expressing.
    You don't have to stop breastfeeding when AF returns.

I'm talking about a future IVF cycle and because breastfeeding is a natural contraceptive there's a risk I could waste a precious embryo by doing a transfer if I haven't fully stopped breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    You don't need your cycle back, they can control it with drugs. I did a cycle for my sister 3 months after DD2s birth. I had stopped BFing then through.

I imagine you would need to pump and dump twice a day to main your supply.

How old is your bubba? How old are you? I don't mean to overstep but are you sure you don't just want to enjoy one bubba for a bit?
    I'm 34, DS is 6mths. My plan was initially to breastfeed to 12 months and do another embryo transfer. Then I decided 12months wasn't long enough so the plan now is breastfeed to 18 months to give DS a bit longer.

I just don't like the idea of making him wean if he isn't ready. I used to think 12mths was a really long time but it's not, it's going so fast and although we've started smooshing some solids around and throwing finger food on the floor he's not actually eating yet so I suspect it'll be a while before his solid food starts to increase enough to make him drop feeds on his own...

Plus I've been reading about breastfeeding and getting more educated and really I think I'd keep going till at least 24 months if I was one of those people who could just shag and get pregnant. But we can't. It's IVF or nothing so I know I'll have to compromise.

It's just yet another thing I didn't realise till now about IVF that if you want more than one child your timing is pretty limited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive fed my older 2 until close to 2yrs. Each time i had to have finished feeding before clinic would do ivf treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're in a similar situation. I'll be 36 in March, and DS will only be 7 months but we'll be back at our FS for number two. We've got 4 frosties to use, but I need to get on with it in the event I have to another full stim. I'm not getting any younger. 😖

IVF sure takes the fun outta baby making.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    We're in a similar situation. I'll be 36 in March, and DS will only be 7 months but we'll be back at our FS for number two. We've got 4 frosties to use, but I need to get on with it in the event I have to another full stim. I'm not getting any younger. 😖

IVF sure takes the fun outta baby making.
    Yeah that's exactly it. I'd like three kids. Or at least two.

I've got two frosties but I'm not so naive as to think I'll get two for two take home babies from that. It'd be like winning the lottery. More likely we will get one more or none and have to stim again, and time marches on you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SG. Relactation is definitely possible! They generally use Domeperidone and pump pump pump. Domperidone is excreted in bm in low amounts but I'm not too sure on the category. I will try my best to check at work tomorrow and get back to you. Relactation can take a couple of months though. If it were me, my only concern would be bub no longet being interested after the break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If your DS was older I'd say sure, he'll take it up again just fine. But at 6 months, a month off breastfeeding is huge, and I really hate to be a negative nelly, but I think you'd have a difficult time convincing him to resume. I could be wrong of course, but they adapt to bottles extremely quickly at that age due to the fact that milk is still their primary food source.

I'm no expert though, this just comes from breastfeeding DS for 3y10m and DD for 15 months. You learn a thing or two with experience.