+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    I have a question for all the mums!!
    Our bedroom isn't big enough to have the Cot in so its in the nursery. I have read and re read the sids website and know bassinets aren't approved like cots are, I've re searched bassinets and found the safest ones and was thinking baby could sleep next to our bed in the basinett but they are only suitable up to 6 months. I want the baby to sleep in our room up until the recommended 12 months but unsure what to do.
    Did anyone else have this issue? What did you do for sleeping arrangements?
    For my 1st I had her sleep in a bassinet in our room till 5 months then moved her into her own room in a cot as she was too big for the bassinet and started rolling over. We couldn't fit a cot in our room plus she was a very noisy sleeper.

For the twins they went straight into a cot together in their own room. They slept side by side until about 5 months until they started rolling on each other then I moved them into separate cots.

Totally not recommended by SIDS but I could only do what we could. I had a video monitor on them so could look at them and hear them when they cried. All of our bedrooms are close together in our house so could hear them sleeping anyway and would get up and check on them if I thought there was something wrong. You can buy special monitors that come with pads the baby sleeps on that detects if the baby stops breathing and alerts you now as well.

You've just got to do what you can and what you feel comfortable with. I found that I was over protective with my first but with the twins was a bit more relaxed. You will find that everyone will have their say but you just listen and don't have to agree. It's your decision in the end of what you want to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina I also had both bubs in a bassinet in our room first before moving them to their own cot at around 5 months. I used the cariboo bassinet. It's nz made and breathable and really light weight, so I could move it around the house when needed. Was especially good after the c-section as much easier to get bun in and out. I could aslo have it right next to bed to rock it and check on bub without getting up! The maternal health nurse checked it on my home visits and were happy each time. It might seem like an added expense for only a few months but I loved it. I also got a conversion kit to change it into a toy box later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nezz79 and @frogpossum thank you I was thinking along the same lines with just getting a basinett and then I guess bubs will have to go into his own room in the cot at 5-6 months was hoping there was such thing as a mini cot lol there's a business idea right there maybe ill design one when I can be bothered.
    I was debating about getting a basinett since its use is only short but very true about the convenience of having one It will be used often even during the day.
    33w+2days today yay!!!! See my ob on Monday and I'm hoping he sticks to his word and says I can be off this bed rest stuff I've noticed my legs go red with white dots when I've been standing for abit so I went to my GP and was told its poor circulation from lack of use and the bloods pooling in my legs when I stand so I'm hoping getting back to my old self doesn't take to long mentally I'm ready to get up and get back to being normal but physically a trip to the dr leaves me feeling exhausted, light headed and nauseated so it mite be a slow process for a few weeks until I'm use to being up and about again. So happy that I've made it this far it's been worth it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley how are u going? What dates ur scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @miissalina so great to hear you are nearly there! I too am worried about my fitness, it's all I can think about. This fatigue has really knocked me for six and made me very grouchy.
    I had my nuchal scan on Tuesday and all was well. Although they already have me down as high risk I think due to my age. Soooooo already down for 3 extra scans on top of the one at 20 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default March 2014 IVF/FET #4

@Bongley that's such great news and the extra scans well whose complaining lol
    Every two weeks when my cervix was measured she'd always do a scan of Bub and my ob had me on weekly visits and he would do a scan as well which I loved kept my mind more at ease can't believe some women only have a hand full of scans the whole pregnancy id probly go mad!!
    I have scan pics from 7 weeks up until now and there's no more than a three week gap between photos lol he's already got an album ready to go
    Have u decided if you'll find out the sex? Or have u already done that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @Bongley that's such great news and the extra scans well whose complaining lol
    Every two weeks when my cervix was measured she'd always do a scan of Bub and my ob had me on weekly visits and he would do a scan as well which I loved kept my mind more at ease can't believe some women only have a hand full of scans the whole pregnancy id probly go mad!!
    I have scan pics from 7 weeks up until now and there's no more than a three week gap between photos lol he's already got an album ready to go
    Have u decided if you'll find out the sex? Or have u already done that?
    @miissalina Ack, you know I could really do without all the extra appointments! With IVF (2011) and then a high risk pregnancy (2012), check ups for my son with his heart (2013) and then MORE IVF (2014/15) and another high risk pregnancy (2016) I feel like I live in that frikin hospital/clinic sometimes. But it is what it is and I'm grateful for the extra care. Just not the hassle of the extra trips seeing as I'm working full time, 3hrs of commuting on the train plus doing pick ups and drop offs for my 3 yr old. So the hour trip to the hospital is a PITA! Still it won't be so bad when the weather cools off. Plus it is my only exercise at the moment.

Yep, we're having another boy, the embryologist told me at the transfer two boys....aye carumba!!
    Last edited by Bongley; 26-02-2016 at 10:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley aaannnndddd now I'm exhausted lol, U sound like super women! Definatly sounds like the extra scans are more of an effort than a comfort.
    Two boys they'll be like two peas in a pod or they'll be two little tornados running around lol it'll definatly be nice to be able to relax when he's here in the sense that the roller coaster of IVF ect is over and you can get back to living and not just existing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default March 2014 IVF/FET #4

Hello lovely ladies!

I had taken a break from BH for awhile - well raising twin babies is far from a break 😏 - but you know what I mean.
    But I am SO happy to log in and read that @Bongley & @miissalina are pregnant!! How beautiful! Congrats ladies!! ❤️❤️ I know you've both had your fair share of knocks & challenges, so I couldn't be happier for you both.

When are you both due? xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB blast from the past! Hi there, how are you going? Due 1st September, feeling pretty wary of dealing with a newborn and a very whiney 3 yr old!
    Ay ay ay!