Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes @miissalina how are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 I'm glad you feel more confident after speaking with the midwife about no vax no visit, if I didn't work in a medical centre and notice the increase in whooping cough cases myself I probly wouldn't be the way I am lol I've said it from day one just randomly in conversations with ppl so I was planting the seed so everyone kind of new, I've had some ppl make little comments which has really upset me but they can just stay away and when baby is out and safe I will probly speak up if they continue to say little comments. @Bongley how are u and the little one going, anymore scans to look forward to 😊 @Molros and bongley I'm doing really well officially 30 weeks yesterday and my ob is over the moon, cervix scan on Monday showed cervix closed and still 2.9 so abit longer than the stitch I couldn't believe it. Still on bedrest for another 4 weeks which is going to feel like forever cause I'm all excited now and want to start doing things.
    Mums painted the babies room for me it looks really good, all our furniture is in order so that should arrive in the next 4weeks hopefully, starting to feel real now 😊
    Just been getting abit / upset lately over ppls comments about my apparent over the top choices for car seats and monitors ect like 'o for **** sake' when I get asked what stuff I got I tell them and get asked why so expensive so I explain its extra safety blah blah and I get things like that mostly inlaws but it's bothering me massively like I'm not making the right choices or something.
    Then I've been told by mil who she's invited to my baby shower (her friends) and she's already told them their invited so I don't know if I'm being over sensitive but I find it all really rude and pushy and not sure what to do about it, I don't like conflict so I tend to shut up but one thing after another is bothering me o and our child apparently looks nothing like me it looks like dp and mil. Erghhhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @miissalina Amazing news that you have made it to 30 weeks! Woo hoo, you are nearly there, one more month and this thread will be two years old, we got there in the end

Yeah, I've had a couple of friends with whooping cough so its been on my radar for a while

Yes, people get quite snobby about baby stuff. I mean who cares? Someone wants to spend a load of money on their racer bike or stereo, why not a pram or a cot or car seat that will be keeping a baby safe and comfortable for the next 4 years. We have the same pram since my son was a baby. He sleeps in it (even at 3yrs old) and we use it everyday, it has to be lightweight, folds up and durable..... get a good one I say, you don't want to be struggling around with a baby on your own and having to steer some poorly made piece of cr@p. Then when they're finished with it you can get 30% of the cost back on ebay anyway.

So your MIL has invited her friends to your baby shower? Gee some people are a bit rude eh? You can't even get stuck into the champagne, that'd probably drive me a bit loopy

Great to hear everything has settled down a bit anyway.....4 more weeks to go...then you will be induced?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Missilina you are almost there - do happy that you are at 30 weeks! Don't worry about what others think - probably more jealous than anything - got should get what you want and makes you feel comfortable!

I'm now beginning to settle into motherhood and I think the baby blues have gone. Still not sure if I should have him in routine as yet, he tends to not sleep between feeds in the day and doesn't always sleep in his bassinet so I end up with him curled up on my chest! Means I get very little done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley that's actually I really good point!! I never thought of it that way, I'll be sure to point that out to ppl in the future 😊
    Um yeah she's invited her friends apparently I spoke to dp about it today and said it comes across as pushy and considering she doesn't ask how I'm feeling or offered to help or even spoken to me about the baby its quit upsetting, I send her photos and get the reply thanks he sends her photos and gets the whole o my gosh so cute looks like us nothing like her. Anywho dp got abit annoyed and didn't realise how she had been and said he'd speak to her but I told him not to I don't like confrontation or awkward situations and I just want to avoid anything while I'm pregnant I'll sort it out after babies born if it's still happening.
    Just off bedrest at 34weeks so I can do what I like apparently lol and induced about 38weeks so gives me some time to go baby shop looking which I'm excited about, online just isn't the same.
    This is the plan anyway but obviously I've learnt nothing goes to plan haha one day at a time @Rarah11 I'm so happy your feeling better my mums warned me about the blues and how it really can mess with ur head and make you feel aweful. I'm not sure about a routine at that young age I've been reading baby books and thinking wow it's a whole new world I know nothing about, do you have anyone that can help around the house ect

7. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina how are you doing? I hope your keeping sane. Spend what you need and don't worry what other people say. I think @Rahra11 is right and people get jealous. They also don't understand what we went through to have these babies and how amazing this time is for us. @Bongley how are you feeling? It must seem so surreal. I hope pregnancy is being kind and your not too tired. Having to look after another little one when your not feeling great isn't easy but well worth it! @Rahra11 I'm glad your settling into motherhood. Enjoy every minute. Even when it gets hard remember they are babies for such a short time! We had Corry's 1st birthday the other week and Freya just turned 5 I can't believe it!! Where does the time go!!!
    afm I'm doing ok. Still not loving it here. The people are lovely but I'm just not sure about the lifestyle. We have spent the last 6 months inside and I hear it's not going to get better till April . I think by that stage I could be insane! Corry is starting to walk and we just don't have the space to move. I go to a play group which is great but there just isn't anything to do, that's weather proof here. We've also all just had the flu (like proper flu) and that was hard without family to help. I even passed out in the bathroom, but due to hubby's work he can't take any days off if he wants to keep his job, so couldn't stay home to look after the kids. It was awful and really put things into perspective for me. So we have started to talk about going back to Oz. I feel like I'm letting him down but I have to do what's best for everyone. I also wouldn't mind going back to work or study part time but that's just not an option here as there is no family that is physically able to babysit and child care cost are astronomical. Ah well it will sort out. Enjoy the sun everyone, poor Corry has never been on grass cause it's always wet

9. The Following User Says Thank You to frogpossum For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpossum View Post
    @miissalina how are you doing? I hope your keeping sane. Spend what you need and don't worry what other people say. I think @Rahra11 is right and people get jealous. They also don't understand what we went through to have these babies and how amazing this time is for us. @Bongley how are you feeling? It must seem so surreal. I hope pregnancy is being kind and your not too tired. Having to look after another little one when your not feeling great isn't easy but well worth it! @Rahra11 I'm glad your settling into motherhood. Enjoy every minute. Even when it gets hard remember they are babies for such a short time! We had Corry's 1st birthday the other week and Freya just turned 5 I can't believe it!! Where does the time go!!!
    afm I'm doing ok. Still not loving it here. The people are lovely but I'm just not sure about the lifestyle. We have spent the last 6 months inside and I hear it's not going to get better till April . I think by that stage I could be insane! Corry is starting to walk and we just don't have the space to move. I go to a play group which is great but there just isn't anything to do, that's weather proof here. We've also all just had the flu (like proper flu) and that was hard without family to help. I even passed out in the bathroom, but due to hubby's work he can't take any days off if he wants to keep his job, so couldn't stay home to look after the kids. It was awful and really put things into perspective for me. So we have started to talk about going back to Oz. I feel like I'm letting him down but I have to do what's best for everyone. I also wouldn't mind going back to work or study part time but that's just not an option here as there is no family that is physically able to babysit and child care cost are astronomical. Ah well it will sort out. Enjoy the sun everyone, poor Corry has never been on grass cause it's always wet
    @frogpossum remind me again where you are? Are you in the UK? Whereabouts? If so, you have my utmost sympathy. Winter lasts for about 9 months. I remember looking out at a park across the road from my apartment and it was a grey mud pit and just despairing, crappy weather really does get to you after a while. There was a very bad run of summers before I left (in 2002) where there was about 3 weeks a year when it was warm enough to wear a dress. That's why everyone goes to the pub, it really must be so stifling with children. There was a few years of heatwaves after I left and the entire country went nuts, that's why they say only mad dogs and englishmen go out in the midday sun......
    Are you out there permanently?
    @miissalina how are things going? 32 weeks now?

AFM I am 12 weeks this week but nuchal scan next week, so I'm holding my breath! I took my last 1mg prednisone tablet today, woo hoo! My acne has come back but at least the roid rage has disappeared. I've been horribly fatigued, I didn't move much off the couch on sunday but I'm hoping that will go when I hit 2nd tri. I REALLY hope so anyway. It's quite depressing and stressful, especially with a three year old.......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley my gosh 12 weeks already!!! Good luck with the scan. Oh the tiredness- how I remember. Some days I felt like I was full of lead, dragging myself around. You poor thing- at least the roid rage will ease now and you'll at least feel more sane.
    I'm in rural Ireland. It's very weird, the things I'd thought I'd struggle with was missing family but I miss more being outside and having things to do. Sometimes I feel like my days are filled with cleaning, nappies and emptying the ashes. Really most of the time they are. Dh came home last night and said he'll be working longer hours and I lost it. Our place is so small so we have around 2 square meters of play area- if that. And I feel the walls closing in on me. Due to the economic troubles we and everyone else cant get a mortgage so we have no choice but to stay in this place. Rental price are ridiculous here as no one can buy. I'm at my wits end and want to come home desperately but not sure if dh will give up his dream of being here. The idea of another winter makes me feel sick. I said to him I think Ireland is like vegemite, you need to be born into it
    ah well enough of the poor me's.
    Hi to everyone else xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frogpossum I can't believe he is 1 already it doesn't feel like a year ago!!! They grow up way too fast!!
    I honestly don't think I could do it either I swear I get seasonal depression I hate winter I can't imagine what it's like over there, it would be very isolating for you, glad ur partner is listening to your concerns it's different for him he gets to go out do different things at work ect and his days are still full of activities and yours are too but in a very different way. You also need to be happy and the kids as well its a hard decision! @Bongley arghhh can't believe your 12 weeks already! I hate scans but that's because I have a bad association with them now.
    I'm sure everything will be Perfect with your Bub o the steroid acne hmmm yes I was down to 2.5mg pred and my back went mental it was aweful and I got a rash all over my chest of tiny pimples I was so embarrassed I've never had anything like it, clearing up now which is good. Those little pills can do so much.
    AFM 32+1 today still on bed rest up until 34 weeks, starting to feel less anxious but still doing what I'm told I didn't come this far to screw it up now.
    My ob is over the moon we have gotten this far but he is going away between 34-37 weeks which I'm kind of freaking out about. My stitch was ment to come out at 36 weeks and I'm not sure if anyone else knows how to remove his ones he goes up and around and down and really stitches it in not the normal way. I'm starting to think about the birth as well and getting abit anxious, my body doesn't tolerate pain medication besides Panadol very well especially the strong ones make me go funny, feel like I can't breath, get the shakes, feel like I can't keep my eyes open and get weird sensations shooting in my body I honestly thought I was going to die after my epu last time it was horrible so I thought I'll just have epidural well turns out they use fentanyl in them and I'm allergic to that so now I have no idea maybe just so it cave women style lol my ob also noted my sitz bones (two bum bones) are close together and that may or may not cause issues with labour progressing. Babies also been very low the past week I feel him literally on my cervix like his going to stick an arm out makes me panicky when he moves. Had ultrasound on Monday and he's right on the stitch so sitting really low does anyone know if this is normal? I forgot to ask my ob I mentioned it and he said lucky we did the stitch huh @Molros are u in Thailand yet? If you are hope your having a blast

Hi to everyone else

14. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a question for all the mums!!
    Our bedroom isn't big enough to have the Cot in so its in the nursery. I have read and re read the sids website and know bassinets aren't approved like cots are, I've re searched bassinets and found the safest ones and was thinking baby could sleep next to our bed in the basinett but they are only suitable up to 6 months. I want the baby to sleep in our room up until the recommended 12 months but unsure what to do.
    Did anyone else have this issue? What did you do for sleeping arrangements?