+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Molros that's great, thanks so much for that info. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I am in contact with with my donor, through facebook and email. Egg donation australia (EDA) have regular meet ups and I go along and see her there every few months and we catch up. Her other recipients I know are much more private and keep to themselves. The contact between donor and recipient is very much up to the people involved. Some donors even do it with hardly any contact at all, they want to be as anonymous as possible but still be a 'known' donor if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bongley I was 37 in September

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    @Bongley I was 37 in September
    @Molros Hm, probably is cutting it fine, I think most clinics have a cut off age of 38 for donors but they might make exceptions, especially for someone who has already gone through IVF recently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Molros Hm, probably is cutting it fine, I think most clinics have a cut off age of 38 for donors but they might make exceptions, especially for someone who has already gone through IVF recently.
    I think by the time I've finished my little family I will defo be too old! I think doing IVF opens you up sometimes to things you may not have been so open to before as not everyone is as lucky as we are and gets their take home family

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I'm definatly counting down my days lol I get visitors nearly everyday so that helps a lot, starting to feel it in my energy levels even having a shower I'm pooped afterwards.
    I'm not sure about kid friendly places in Thailand sorry we went to adult friendly when we went 😊
    I think your little one will be perfectly fine, we did pgd and even the tech and dr said after the scan they rarely see anything wrong with pgd it's more of a reassurance thing, the dr was explaining my results and talking about the scan not being 100% blah blah then noticed it was tested and stopped talking and just said o you are fine you can go. @Molros usually I'm pretty quiet and don't say too much but this whooping cough vaccine thing I've been very vocal about and it is what it is and no exceptions. Everyone's been great so far so hopefully it stays that way and extended ppl well I only see once or twice a year no need to come visit baby to be polite they can just stay away haha
    It's very true this journey makes you consider things you wouldn't normally think about I originally thought I'll be a surrogate but yeah I don't see that happening and with egg donation my blast rate isn't that high so I'm not sure how I'd go with that either, once we finish our little family ill weight it all up

7. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Missinlina sounds like you have a good routine hope the time passes quickly...

We are getting there - found the hormones tough to deal with and had a couple if cries for no reason... Jack is sleeping one long stint of at least 5 hrs and normally at some point of the night... Still feels a little surreal! I'm a bit conflicted about the whooping cough vax, I made all family members get it but as my sister-in-law is pregnant she can't until she's 28 weeks which is not for a while, I've also heard that the best protection is for you to have it at 28 weeks and that family getting it done is only extra precautionary - I feel awkward asking people not to visit (which I know I shouldn't) and it's stressing me out a bit to be honest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 glad you are getting at least one good stint overnight. We took a softer approach with the fax. All immediate family had it. Then with people I suspected might not have had it (eg friends without young children) we just asked that if they had any sign of a cold they stay away until fully recovered. We had one friend who had to wait a few weeks before visiting but she was okay with that. It's a tricky one though.

oh and it felt surreal for us for ages. Like we had this cute little visitor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellydance View Post
    @Rarah11 glad you are getting at least one good stint overnight. We took a softer approach with the fax. All immediate family had it. Then with people I suspected might not have had it (eg friends without young children) we just asked that if they had any sign of a cold they stay away until fully recovered. We had one friend who had to wait a few weeks before visiting but she was okay with that. It's a tricky one though.

oh and it felt surreal for us for ages. Like we had this cute little visitor.
    After speaking with the midwife yesterday at my visit we decided to take the no vax no visit approach and after we told a few people (all who had not had it) I felt better, they were all really understanding which was good! And I doubled checked all previous visitors everyone who held him was vaccinated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good for you @Rarah11. Not worth risking a precious life for fear of offending.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

Rarah11  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going @miissalina?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Molros  (01-02-2016)