+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default question about paying for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Honestly I'd be grateful they didn't use aus post or you'd be waiting another week or 2. Mail these days takes a ridiculous length of time unless you pay premium. I sent a package to Melbourne 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't left the facility in Melbourne. It's been there for a week. I lodged a complaint and they said to give it another 5 days.

I understand it didn't look great but hey at least you got the package.
    understand what you're saying. my mum sent my mil a Christmas gift express post and it arrived in Vic within a day then sat at a postal facility here for about 3 or 4 days! they're hopeless, I know.

yes I'm glad I got the package.

it definitely didn't look great though and I don't consider it very professional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Australia post is terrible and it's only going to get worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There was delivery involved- they delivered it!

The packaging however I would have been a bit miffed about. One of my reasons for shopping instore is so that I can check the item before buying, if it's dinged up then I'll choose another one. I always worry with mail order purchases that they'll get damaged and then it's just a PITA/impossible to return them. I would have also thought that a $10 charge would have included packaging costs. So yep I would have been annoyed. Also at the 'do not leave unattended'.

I wouldn't complain but I wouldn't be purchasing off them again.
    Last edited by CMF; 05-12-2015 at 07:05.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (05-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was this an eBay purchase? If so, I'd leave a comment and poor star rating to let it be known you were not happy.

Blossom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I assuming the "do not leave unattended" note is for packages they're posting out? Maybe because it was being left in the letter box, that doesn't count? I hate mail being left unattended but am happy when the postie leaves it in the meter box or letter box.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Was this an eBay purchase? If so, I'd leave a comment and poor star rating to let it be known you were not happy.

Blossom
    not an eBay purchase. I purchased off a website. it's obviously a smallish business but it's not like I was purchasing from a private individual.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Time and effort to deliver you cant complain about $10

Plastic bag sounds unprofessional but still dont think you can take it anywhere

As for leaving unattended, did they agree to that request. Here lies your only legitimate complaint.

For what its worth why work yourself up over it. Let sleeping dogs lie. If you choose not to do business with them again so be it
    This.

I'd be peeved as well though, make no mistake. But just give honest feedback on ebay and leave it at that. In the scheme of life it's not a big deal. If the product was damaged then you'd have a case but I just think it's sloppy business more than anything.

(Nice to see you around again @DaveTTC).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should feedback to the business that you were unhappy with the way the product was presented in delivery and felt it was unprofessional. If you don't feedback and then never use the business again they will never know why. They may not have considered the implication of shoving their product in a plastic bag and placing in a letterbox. You could also bring up that you didn't want the product left.

They can't improve if they don't know you are unhappy.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truffle For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (05-12-2015),turquoisecoast  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have been peeved at the packaging but not the $10. I would think the $10 covered for petrol delivering it and time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What I worry about with threads like this is where they could.

Some excellent points made about feedback. This business may he very new or at least inexperiened. Done poor practice .... no question about it.

Handled well you could give some superlative feedback in a nice manner that could make a significant difference for this

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post

(Nice to see you around again @DaveTTC).
    Good to be back though not good news for me. Had moved interstate for a promising job and bought a new house (dump atm but it will be reat when finished) Been working for them for 6 months and they have gone bust