+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default question about paying for shipping.

ok need some opinions here. late last week I ordered some little soaps online as thankyou gifts for my baby shower. I was charged $10 for shipping. the supplier was based in the same state as the delivery address but that's fine, I assumed the charge was based on the parcel weight or whatever.

fast forward to this afternoon. delivery has happened however the order arrived in a white plastic shopping bag and was stuffed into the mail box (I requested it not be left unattended). it was not sent via Australia post or dhl or any third party delivery service. it had been dropped off in the white plastic bag and left in the mail box.

I'm feeling peeved I was charged $10 for shipping when it was just dropped off and not so much as professionally boxed up or packaged up.

am I being unfair here and expecting too much? or would you be left wondering what the $10 shipping costs covered? it wasn't couriered either as it wasn't packaged and nobody signed for it.

just wanting to know if I'm over reacting here or not....

thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Technically they held up most of their end. You requested not unattended. Not sure if they agreed. That may be a one back.

Overall it lacks a professional feel in my opinion but not sure if you have anygrounds for a credible complaint.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Someone would have still had to drive to your place and drop it off so the $10 I think is justifiable. It does come across as a bit unprofessional though, especially ignoring your request for it to not be left.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (04-12-2015),Wise Enough  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    hrm ok. I'm feeling peeved still but I think that's more at the plastic bag wrapping. just looked sooo poor.

I guess I expected the usual oz post or some kind of third party delivery service, for $10. if I'd known it was being dropped off by hand, id have offered to just come collect it and save $10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I run a small online business and often drop things off in people's letter boxes but I never charge for it. No way!
    I also still wrap my products nicely and leave a thank you note.
    I would be annoyed if I were you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (05-12-2015),RmumR  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I run a small online business and often drop things off in people's letter boxes but I never charge for it. No way!
    I also still wrap my products nicely and leave a thank you note.
    I would be annoyed if I were you.
    thanks, I am.

my friend also runs a small/tiny online business and her packaging and shipping rivals that of net-a-porter!

I'm just foxed at being charged $10 shipping when there was no shipping involved. and then the packaging was so unprofessional and poor on top of it all!!

I'm just relieved nothing was damaged but it easily could've been as it wasn't even in a sturdy box.

dh naturally says I'm over reacting and thinks it's acceptable. I'm really upset he never takes my side and always has to make out like I'm making a big deal out of something when I don't feel I am.

thanks for the input.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Time and effort to deliver you cant complain about $10

Plastic bag sounds unprofessional but still dont think you can take it anywhere

As for leaving unattended, did they agree to that request. Here lies your only legitimate complaint.

For what its worth why work yourself up over it. Let sleeping dogs lie. If you choose not to do business with them again so be it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default question about paying for shipping.

fair answer Dave but I feel a bit ripped off. it was $10 to ship if I'd had it delivered interstate or within the same state. I'd have been better off having it delivered here to me in VIC than to my mum in WA. for $10 i would expect a tracking ID so if the order went missing, I'd have some kind of paper trail.

I requested the do not leave unattended as a special request when placing the order. however I assume this was agreed to as the hand written note on the bag says "do not leave unattended". even though it was left unattended.

I'm not trying to work myself up about this but I feel it's unfair to charge a shipping cost then just sloppily hand deliver AND ignore the request for the parcel to not be left unattended.
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 04-12-2015 at 22:41.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd be mega peeved too. And definitely wouldn't use that business again. But unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Honestly I'd be grateful they didn't use aus post or you'd be waiting another week or 2. Mail these days takes a ridiculous length of time unless you pay premium. I sent a package to Melbourne 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't left the facility in Melbourne. It's been there for a week. I lodged a complaint and they said to give it another 5 days.

I understand it didn't look great but hey at least you got the package.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (04-12-2015),Ffrenchknickers  (07-12-2015),gingermillie  (07-12-2015),TheGooch  (05-12-2015)