+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Cleaners - how much do they charge?

I just had a cleaner come round to give me an idea of rates. I've been quoted $90 per fortnight. there's 2 of them cleaning and they said they stay for however long it takes them to get it done.

she asked if I'd ever had a cleaner before, to which I truthfully replied no. was that a mistake?

they supply all cleaning products etc and have insurance etc.

just wondering what the going rate is for a cleaner these days. does $90 seem reasonable? it's around what I was expecting but just wanting to get the opinions of others.

thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I just had a cleaner come round to give me an idea of rates. I've been quoted $90 per fortnight. there's 2 of them cleaning and they said they stay for however long it takes them to get it done.

she asked if I'd ever had a cleaner before, to which I truthfully replied no. was that a mistake?

they supply all cleaning products etc and have insurance etc.

just wondering what the going rate is for a cleaner these days. does $90 seem reasonable? it's around what I was expecting but just wanting to get the opinions of others.

thanks!!
    I pay $150 per fortnight so I want your cleaners! Depends on how big your home is, stairs, bathrooms and type of flooring etc.. Also I guess where you live, I am in Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I used to have a cleaner and she charged $70 a fortnight for 3 hrs work. She supplied the cleaning products.

It was a big house but I was there on my own most of the time and used to work crazy hours so the house didn't really get dirty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine is 30 per hour and she provides all the products. Ours is a big house (5x2 with office and activity room) and she does 3 hours a FN and cleans pretty much everything in that time. Some days she evens folds washing or does the dishes if I haven't had time. She's awesome! So I think that sounds pretty reasonable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

ahhh ok, thanks for the replies ladies! I'm in Melbourne if that makes any difference. $90 is roughly what I expected to be paying anyway so I wasn't taken aback at the cost or anything.

eta: our house isn't massive, it's just a standard townhouse type house with 3 bedrooms upstairs and the living areas downstairs. only 1 bathroom and a separate toilet upstairs and a toilet/powder room downstairs. so yeah, seemed reasonable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is $50 a fortnight. 2 cleaners for 1hr. They are sisters and start from opposite ends if the house. Just general cleaning though every few months i pay double and they do a deeper clean

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay $90 for 3 hours (fortnightly) through an agency. I supply the products. But I know she is reference/police checked etc through the agency and I'm happy to pay extra for that than get someone random.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    is it normal to ask for a police check? I'm not necessarily intending to but is it something that's generally asked for of cleaners?

I'm feeling very new to this and don't know what to ask and what not to ask lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did. That and ensure they have themselves insured.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes please.......I want a cleaner.....ha ha....
    I think it's reasonable.
    And definatly yes for a police check and make sure insurance.