+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't find out with my first and wasn't planning on finding out with my second but the day we had the the 3D scan she had her head turned (was posteria bub) and DH saw I was feeling disappointed because we wanted those pics of her face and she wouldn't face the right way so he suggested finding out the sex so we'd have something to be happy about as the pics were all of the back of her head, lol.
    I'd always find out the sex in the future. Definitely didn't regret it at all. But having a "surprise" at the birth with DS wasn't a regret, either. I don't know why anyone would "regret" finding out or not finding out, unless they were disappointed with the sex that was revealed?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    We didn't find out with either, though I was tempted with DS2 (the sonographer wrote it down & put it on an envelope which I kept on the fridge).

I don't regret it either time. I didn't see the need to have everything "pink" or "blue" for a newborn. I was happy to wait to buy stuff. They both lived in grow suits for the first couple of months anyway so it didn't make a difference. We also had a boy's and girl's name picked for both before they were born. I liked the element of surprise associated with finding out at the actual birth.
    That would have been INSANELY tempting! I'd never have been able to stop myself from looking!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found out both times and didn't regret it at all, it was still super exciting to see what they looked like and see them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    That would have been INSANELY tempting! I'd never have been able to stop myself from looking!
    TBH I mostly forgot it was even there. I didn't even open it until a few weeks after he was born. FTR, she was right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    . I don't know why anyone would "regret" finding out or not finding out, unless they were disappointed with the sex that was revealed?
    I can imagine regretting finding out. In some ways I wished I hadn't known with DD3. It mattered not a toss what her sex was and we only found out because my older 2 hounded us.

Once we knew we couldn't "unknow" and there were many times I wished I still had the surprise at the birth. I didn't regret knowing but a small part of me wished I didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know why anyone would "regret" finding out or not finding out, unless they were disappointed with the sex that was revealed?
    I definitely regretted finding out with DD2. Not because I was disappointed she was a girl, but because I REALLY liked the mystery and the surprise of it all after birth. When we announced DD2's birth, it wasn't as special to me to just say 'She's here' rather than 'It's a girl!'. It gives me something to look forward to, and in a situation where we know so much now, I love the surprise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moto For This Useful Post:

Possie7  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No regrets. Not finding out wasn't an option lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Do u regret finding out gender before baby was born or regret being team green?

Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    I definitely regretted finding out with DD2. Not because I was disappointed she was a girl, but because I REALLY liked the mystery and the surprise of it all after birth. When we announced DD2's birth, it wasn't as special to me to just say 'She's here' rather than 'It's a girl!'. It gives me something to look forward to, and in a situation where we know so much now, I love the surprise.
    I felt the same way and regretted finding out gender with DD... Even though I was happy it was a girl and even though we kept it to ourselves so still got to announce it to friends and family.
    But I don't know... it made the second half of my pregnancy less magical.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

moto  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    your baby is so much more than just their gender. finding out whether they're male/female is just one little piece of the overall picture. there's still so many other unknowns to look forward to at the birth, looks, eye colour, hair colour, hairy or bald etc. I don't see the gender as an entirely big deal. unless, as a PP pointed out, you found out and were disappointed with the result because you'd been hoping for the opposite.

even so, it's not a big deal. we both were hoping for a girl and are having a boy. finding out early has been great as after the initial shock wore off, I feel like I've been able to really warm to the idea of a little boy and it's helped me bond with bub

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (06-12-2015),Ngaiz  (08-12-2015),Sariele  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just given birth to my 5th child and every single time I have fallen pregnant I have said I am not finding out.

But as soon as the sonographer has asked if I wanted to know I have straight away said 'yes'.

I never really regretted finding out until my last baby. After all the complications at birth I now wish I never found out knowing he is my last.