+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found out first time and was glad I did as we wanted a girl and it was a boy so I was well and truly over it by the time he was born. The birth was awesome and no less special because I knew.

Second time around I decided to have a surprise as everyone seems to think it's so great. It wasn't worth it. The birth was no more special than the first and I didn't actually care about the gender. I was just glad he was out! I asked my husband what the gender was but he hadn't even looked. We were just happy to have a healthy baby. Choosing a name was definitely harder without knowing beforehand and DS2 didn't have a name for a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Milz00 View Post
    Yeah I love all the pink frilly outfits hahaha, of course I won't go overboard buying all this at the start, but who am I kidding, I'm a fashion addict lol. I guess part of the reason of finding out earlier is so I can clothes shop. But you're absolutely right, newborns won't need as much in the first few weeks and I guess I could always shop later for it.
    Well the thing is with a newborn you'll be exhausted and sleep deprived and they get poo on everything so it quickly becomes about function - the easiest stuff to get on and off regardless of how it looks. Once they are older you can have a bit more fun with it but honestly there are so many things, even really nice things DS never wore or we put on once, and never wore again. By the time they are bigger and you've got more energy for fashion, well you can go shopping with the baby.

My point is there's lots of shopping to come so if you have always wanted "that moment" then stick to your guns.

That said, even when you know the gender there are still all the questions and so much excitement - hair/no hair, will he look like me or DH, what colour eyes will he have, what will his little personality be like...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out for our first for 2 reasons; DF wanted too and I got sick of calling bub an 'it' instead of he or she. Next baby we wont be finding out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out as early as possible with both of my children.

I absolutely hate green

I am also heavily into gender-specific clothing, I am not ashamed to admit! My little boy loves his blue clothes, with cars/planes/trains...and my little girl loves her pink and white dresses..."I like", "Pretty Mummy!".

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We didn't find out with our first 2. The next 2 we did, only because our other kids wanted to know and TBH DH and I weren't fussed anymore.

My preference is to not know. I loved the excitement of finding out once the baby was delivered. To be honest I felt the others were a minor let down as I already knew and had names picked.

I'm personally someone who is happy to wait. I went through IVF for 3-4 of my kids so not knowing the sex was one part of the whole process I wasn't a part of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My oldest was a delivery room surprise and I loved it. Especially since I was the one to 'deliver' him and lift him straight to my chest, so it was me who saw/announced the gender first. It was amazing. But, I had no gender preference and also I really like whites/greys/navy on newborns so gender neutral clothing didn't bother me.

with my second my dh really wanted to find out and we both had a bit of a gender preference. We found out but told absolutely no one that we knew.

With our third we already had one of each and were moving house during the pregnancy, I wanted to know which boxes of clothing I should keep and which to get rid of. We knew this would be our last baby. We found out and shared with the world what we were having.

i loved each of our experiences. I am glad I had the surprise I always wanted, but the other two were special in other ways too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't find out with our first two- I knew in my bones they were boys I just knew it. It was so great hearing 'meet your son'- gives me goosebumps thinking about it. It was awesome because we enjoyed running out and buying a few special boy outfits after they were born. I found out at 12 weeks with our third, as I had a CVS- due mainly to my age. we told everyone the gender of the third when we found out. I think its awesome having a surprise, at least with your first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont regret either time, I had gender disappointment with both as I did want a girl both times, finding out ment by the time they arrived I had processed my emotions and was prepared to meet my baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. Was hoping for a girl number 1 but got a boy. Then got a girl then got a boy

All as predicted by the ultra sound. Wouldnt change them for the world.

Nice being able to buy and plan in advance but totally understand those who want a surprise

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't find out with either, though I was tempted with DS2 (the sonographer wrote it down & put it on an envelope which I kept on the fridge).

I don't regret it either time. I didn't see the need to have everything "pink" or "blue" for a newborn. I was happy to wait to buy stuff. They both lived in grow suits for the first couple of months anyway so it didn't make a difference. We also had a boy's and girl's name picked for both before they were born. I liked the element of surprise associated with finding out at the actual birth.