+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We didn't find out and the whole experience was so special.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We didn't find out. I have no regrets. I loved that DH got to tell me (through tears!) "it's a little boy".

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out with DS. I'm shocking and can't stand surprises! I was always the kind of kid that searched and searched the house until I found the xmas presents si that I could take a peek I'm glad we found out, it helped me bond, to be able to give him a name and picture what he'd be like.... and of course to go shopping!!

I'd kind of like a surprise for the next one, but I know my willpower would last all of 0.03 of a second! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ladies for your responses, it definitely helps.

I've decided to stick with team green and hope I can maintain this through for the next 6 months!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Milz00 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (04-12-2015),BettyV  (04-12-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (04-12-2015),misskittyfantastico  (04-12-2015),Mod-Uniquey  (04-12-2015),munchkin275  (04-12-2015),Ruby_Tuesday15  (04-12-2015),TheGooch  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out and it was an amazing surprise at the time. The way I look at it is that it's always a surprise whether you find out at 4 months 7 months however many months or birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't find out for baby 1 but I found out for baby 2 and didn't tell DH as he didn't want to know but I couldn't wait... I ended up with a DS and a Dd

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't find out for either of my kids and would do the same again if I were to have a third. There is something about the thrill of that anticipation throughout the pregnancy and the fact that in this day and age we know or can find out anything; I just felt this was one of the last great surprises left in the world lol

For the record from a preparation perspective it wouldn't have mattered if we were having a boy or a girl as room was always going to be neutral coloured and clothes much the same. Once you have bub you are then inundated with pink or blue accordingly.

Hubby is a need to know kind of person, but accepted he only wanted to know to satisfy his own curiosity so was quite happy to wait to be surprised. If he had insisted we find out with our second pregnancy I wouldn't have objected (fair's fair) but he never once mentioned it so I can only assume his experience first time around converted him!

I do accept that finding out the gender does help you bond while pregnant but only in the sense that you know it is little Bob or little Shirley rather than guessing if it is Bob or Shirley.

I think if you are in any doubt you shouldn't find out - you can't un-find-out after all.

A friend was unsure with her second (hubby wanted to find out) so they had their sonographer write it down so they could open at a later date if they chose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out every time because we loved it! Knowing how I am just after giving birth (I tend to go in to shock), the surprise would be lost on me at birth because those first few minutes are just about trying to stop shaking and re-gaining control of my body whilst being scared I'm going to drop the baby to worry about whether it's a boy or a girl!
    We had them write the gender down and took some time together to learn what we were having, at a time when we could just soley focus on our new family dynamic, rather than finding out at the birth. I don't know what it's like to have a surprise, though. We both loved knowing so much we never contemplated not knowing. I hate waiting when my friends don't find out and that's not even my baby! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a surprise for my first. .. my second I found out ... and my third was to my now dp and he found out with his first two so we decided to have another surprise
    .. best thing ever hearing the 'it's a .... '

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't find out with our Dd as we botj really wanted that 'its a ......' moment. I ended up with a cs under general and don't even remeber being told what she was. I'm terrified of it happening again so we are leaning towards finding out just in case. We want to do something special though and might give an envelope to my cousin to organise a reveal. I honestly believe it is a surprise regardless of when you decide to find out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast