+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We've had one surprise and one we found out. I loved both. I think if we have a third we'll find out but not tell anyone that we know. Just for something different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I knew that if we didn't find out the gender I'd drive myself crazy examining scans and dissecting symptoms to work it out anyway.
    I loved knowing I had a son on the way, it gave me time to get my head around the idea since I grew up in a family of girls.
    I also really enjoyed knowing that when I could see his little feet poking out of my belly that it was 'his' feet, iykwim :-)
    ^ this for me too!

With my first I was convinced I was having a girl and at the 20w scan when I found out it was a boy I was shocked! Took me a day or 2 to adjust and start calling bub 'him' 'he'.

With no.2 I asked at the 13w scan and was told 80% chance it's a girl and it was. Very happy I found out for both. DD wears lots of blue now and has never worn a dress yet (she's 5 months old but I have bought her a tutu dress for Xmas)

I think you should go with what u think is best for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out with DD2, and hated knowing! This time we've decided not to find out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We found out with out first and I was determined to have a surprise for our second. That determination lasted all of 10 weeks and then j caved and found out at the 20 week scan lol.

I loved knowing but I guess I don't know any different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We chose not to find out the gender and I loved that special moment when our DS was delivered and we finally got to know! It was so special and I would have a surprise next time too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out with both of my children and it was absolutely the right decision for us. It gave me time to process the news of what gender each one was, and it felt like I could bond by calling the babies "him" rather than "it" throughout the pregnancies. It also meant we only had to consider half as many names!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We.... well, I had a surprise. I clearly remember my DH telling my bub was a boy about 2 seconds after DS was placed on my chest. The emotion in his voice was palpable, and something I will always remember and cherish.

However.... DH confessed when DS was about a month old, that he had thought bub was a boy, as at one of the scans (we had a few extra), the sonographer accidentally caught it all on screen for half a second, and DH saw. I must have blinked or something! Best kept secret ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were team green! Towards the end it was really hard not to find out as we had growth scans every 2 weeks!

One of my close friends was pregnant at the same time as me & found out. I thought it was lovely as they had a name chosen, room set up & all the clothes bought.

I ended up having a planned Caesarian due to pre eclampsia. Before the operation not knowing the gender took a lot of worry about surgery away as I was more focused on will it be a boy or girl & going through our list of names.

I absolutely loved the surprise. I didn't think it would be as emotional as it was finding out like that. I burst into tears when I found out. I really loved the moment of finding out at birth & we will do the exact same thing next time too it was such a great feeling & I wouldn't change a thing looking back.

Oh & we only bought a few little jump suits gender neutral & others ended up buying us lots of pink once our daughter was here

I think do whatever you & your partner would like. Both options are lovely if you find out or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have never worried/dressed the babies in certain gender dominant colours, I mostly bought white clothes when they were infants because I like white on young babies, so never felt the need to know the sEx due to clothes etc.

I found out with my first (snuck back in after the 20 week scan) and then didn't tell a soul, not even my DH knew I knew the sEx of the baby. I found out only because I just wanted to know. So apart from me, no one knew DD1's sEx until she was born.

With the last three babies, they were all surprises, I didn't find out and when they were just born I was so on cloud nine, that it didn't occur to me to ask their sEx etc, it was always announced 5 minutes or more after their births.

As it turns out, all four babies are the same sEx, so it was lovely to have the surprise of their sEx after they were born.

No regrets either way (finding out/not finding out).
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 04-12-2015 at 15:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out with both children and don't regret it at all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast