+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had two surprises, I think the temptation to find out when you know it could be so simple to find out is totally normal but I don't regret for a moment keeping either a surprise. In regards to clothes I was actually glad we had a surprise both times as it meant we had neutral clothes that we could just use again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With DD1 we found out but didnt tell anyone that we knew so everyone was surprised.
    DD2 & DS we found out. dD2 i didn't have a well pregnancy and thru the various scans it was rather obvious.
    DS - the instant the sonographer put the scan piece on my stomach and turned the screen on we got a between the legs shot

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    We found out at 20 weeks. I was very surprised! At birth I honestly did not care what gender my baby was...all that mattered was that we were both healthy and happy.

I think it's a surprise whenever you find out - at the 20 week scan, with a gender reveal cake at a baby shower or at birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We found out at 32weeks and I'm so glad we did. It helped us with the connection to our baby when we were having issues at the very end. We didn't tell anyone else though. We will definitely find out again if we have a second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We found out. Mainly because neither DH and I could go the whole pregnancy not knowing which combination we had in there. Even if we didn't want to know - it wasn't our choice to make - my boys were both exhibitionists. Potty shots just about every time we saw them
    I don't regret it at all

I think we would find out again with our next baby - just so I can mentally prepare for what's ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew that if we didn't find out the gender I'd drive myself crazy examining scans and dissecting symptoms to work it out anyway.
    I loved knowing I had a son on the way, it gave me time to get my head around the idea since I grew up in a family of girls.
    I also really enjoyed knowing that when I could see his little feet poking out of my belly that it was 'his' feet, iykwim :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We didn't find out with our daughter, same as you I always said I wouldn't and everyone thought I'd change my mind when pregnant but I'm so glad I didn't!!! It was the most amazing experience and honestly I don't think I'll find out with any future babies either! I found it easy preparing for bub because I'm more drawn to the neutral colours and her nursery was all creams and tans. I'm not a huge fan of dressing baby in all pinks or blues either and dd wore a lot of grays and unisex colours anyway. It gave me extra motivation when pushing to finally know if we were having a boy or girl and was so exciting to call and annouce what we had to all our friends and family! Another bonus is next time around I'm set for either gender as all DD's baby stuff was gender neutral.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out with both our buns and do not regret it 1 little bit.

Yes it helped us prepare but the deciding factor for us was to help with bonding. After losing our 1st and 3rd babies to mmc's, I couldn't relax and accept that dd and ds were 'real' so for me, being able to refer to them as she and he helped me bond

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to clarify, I don't want to dress my child just in blue or pink I do love neutral colours and the variety of different colours. I just wanted to pick a few nice outfits in either pink or blue. I will definitely be using other colours and not just the pink and blue bc that's boring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once bub is born you'll spend hours and hours on the couch feeding him/her and you'll have plenty of time to online shop for gender specific stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast